Posted on August 9, 2012
Development and Promotions Associate
Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra - Development and Promotions Associate
Reports to: Director of Advancement
To coordinate fundraising events and donor/patron stewardship activities for the Orchestra, and oversee LACO’s volunteer program, college outreach program and related activities.
Scope & Responsibilities
The development and promotions associate works regularly with the development, marketing and production departments to plan and implement high-level special events, promotional events and patron appreciation activities. Additionally, the associate oversees and coordinates all aspects of the Orchestra’s volunteer and college engagement programs.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Support board and event committees on two major fundraising galas and several smaller exclusive events each season including First Chair, à la Carte, Sound Investment, donor lounges at concerts and other events as needed;
- Generate and maintain invitation and related lists; coordinate mailing of save the date cards, event fundraising letters and invitations; track event RSVPs and contributed income;
- Interact with vendors for price quotes and arrangements;
- Coordinate all auction needs and materials;
- Manage catering sponsor and all supply needs for donor lounges and special events;
- Develop and maintain opportunities for promotional events and activities including partnerships with other organizations and individuals
- Monitor and provide content for social media projects possibly including Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook;
- Coordinate volunteer activities for events, concerts and special projects;
- Oversee, expand and support Campus to Concert Hall program, including managing campus representatives; act as liaison to colleges as needed;
- Additional projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be an organized, mature, personable, detail-oriented problem solver with excellent communication and critical-thinking skills. Bachelor’s degree is required. 3-5 years successful work experience in events at an arts-related organization is preferred. The associate must possess the ability to respond both quickly and with imagination to a variety of simultaneous challenges and opportunities. Solid computer skills including the use of databases, Microsoft Word and Excel are a must. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
Please email resume, comprehensive cover letter and 2-3 page writing sample to:
About Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra is “America’s finest chamber orchestra.” (Jim Svejda of PRI’s The Record Shelf) Since its inaugural concerts in 1969, Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra has established itself among the world’s top musical ensembles. Under the baton of prominent pianist and conductor Jeffrey Kahane since 1997, LACO maintains its status as a preeminent interpreter of historical masterworks and a champion of contemporary composers. In its 43-year history, the Orchestra has made 29 recordings, toured Europe, South America and Japan, and performed across North America, earning adulation from audiences and critics. LACO presents 7 Orchestral Series concerts both at Glendale’s Alex Theatre and UCLA’s Royce Hall, 5 Baroque Conversations concerts at Zipper Concert Hall, 3 Westside Connections chamber music concerts at The Broad, an annual Discover concert at Ambassador Auditorium and an annual Silent Film celebration at Royce Hall. In addition, LACO presents a Concert Gala and several fundraising events each year. Headquartered in downtown Los Angeles and managed by a staff of 12 full- and 2 part-time employees, LACO offers a collegial workplace and welcomes innovative thinking and initiative.