Posted on September 7, 2012
Manager of Programs and Evaluation
StreetWise Partners - Manager of Programs and Evaluation
StreetWise Partners transforms the lives of disadvantaged, low-income individuals by helping them realize their career potential. We do so by delivering high-impact professional development services and providing two-to-one career mentoring by volunteer business professionals in corporate settings. Our unique career mentoring program leverages the experiences of a diverse network of business professionals and equips trainees with the skills, confidence and strategies needed to achieve their career potential and get on a path to economic self-sufficiency.
By bridging the gap between low-income individuals and volunteer business professionals, StreetWise Partners transforms the lives of 300 motivated trainees annually while engaging the human capital of more than 1000 corporate volunteers.
StreetWise Partners is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Manager of Programs and Evaluation to lead a dedicated team of program staff and volunteers. This is a challenging and rewarding position that offers unique opportunity for a proactive leader and team-player. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to the mission of StreetWise Partners and have experience in the field of workforce development, volunteer management, systems-building and/or data collection methods and analysis. The candidate must take great pride in getting things done and have a demonstrated track record in following tasks through to completion. This job requires someone who can accomplish great things with limited resources!
The Manager of Programs and Evaluation will oversee the implementation of StreetWise Partners’ signature Career Ventures programming. In conjunction with program staff, the Manager will manage five three-month training programs twice per year at corporate partner locations in New York and Jersey City as well as ongoing alumni services for program graduates. The Manager will lead corporate partner and volunteer stewardship; ensure that the Career Ventures curriculum is up to date, relevant for today’s labor market, and uniformly implemented across sites; train staff and volunteers and manage a volunteer board of young professionals; and ensure that programs are executed with the highest quality and achieve strong quantitative and qualitative results.
The Manager will build and manage strategic partnerships with non-profit organizations, training sites, community colleges, government agencies and other entities to ensure a steady flow of target demographic trainee applications. Additionally, the Manager will work to strengthen the breadth and depth of corporate partner engagement.
The Manager of Programs and Evaluation is responsible for the collection and analysis of trainee and volunteer impact data for all of StreetWise Partners’ programs. Program effectiveness is measured by evaluating a combination of outputs and outcomes that directly relate back to the mission and goals of StreetWise Partners. The Manager will use this feedback to inform program changes and report on program outcomes. The Manager will focus on data collection and analysis, refining our definition of success, and articulating our impact more clearly.
- Drive outstanding regional program performance.
- Ensure meaningful engagement of trainees and volunteers throughout the Career Ventures program.
- Be accountable for success in achieving planned program impact and sustainability.
- Ensure high quality programs that remain relevant and responsive to employer demands.
- Foster corporate volunteers’ leadership development and philanthropic engagement.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with corporations, nonprofits and government entities.
- Build a robust network of referral partners for trainee recruitment.
- Set clear trainee and volunteer goals and measures and ensure that regional goals are met.
- Work with program staff to ensure high response rates and evaluation of surveys.
- Gather quantitative and qualitative data to articulate StreetWise Partners’ return on investment.
- Execute on strategic priorities.
- Train, coach and empower two program associates.
- Superb project management skills.
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful, with the initiative to develop and implement plans to strengthen, scale and sustain StreetWise Partners’ program model.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, including the ability to manage projects simultaneously and to set priorities in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated success in overseeing programs that engage a variety of stakeholders.
- Understanding of metrics and ability to communicate key performance indicators.
- Experience evaluating program impact and effectiveness.
- Passion for the work of StreetWise Partners and excitement about the potential of this position.
- Willingness to work beyond traditional working hours and schedules as needed.
- Demonstrated experience managing volunteers and teams preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of program management experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in workforce development and volunteer management experience preferred.
- Sense of humor a must!
Please email a resume, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com. For more information: www.streetwisepartners.org. No phone calls, please.