Posted on September 14, 2012
Resource Development Director
San Diego County Medical Society Foundation
San Diego County Medical Society Foundation - Resource Development Director
The San Diego County Medical Society Foundation was formed in 2005 by the volunteer leadership of the San Diego County Medical Society to serve the needs of the community through the efforts of volunteer medical professionals. Our mission is to improve community health, access to care for all, and wellness for patients and physicians through engaged volunteerism. Our vision is Improving Health, Changing Lives. We are seeking candidates whose passion for service aligns with our mission.
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
In partnership with the Executive Director, this position is responsible for all volunteer partnerships and fund development activities, and closely collaborates with the SDCMSF team to enhance access to care for uninsured adults in San Diego County. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build SDCMSF’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. The Resource Development Director will also design and implement a comprehensive development strategy with a detailed plan for cultivating individual, foundation, and corporate support. The Resource Development Director reports to the Executive Director.
- Serve as Lead working with Executive Director, Medical Community Liaison, and other staff to recruit, recognize and retain participation of volunteer physicians and other healthcare partners in Foundation programs (Project Access San Diego, eConsultSD, specialty placements, etc).
- Document and disseminate SDCMSF policies and procedures for access to care programs to physician office staff and other healthcare partners.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, manage fund development program to achieve goals, including annual giving campaign, Business Council solicitations and activities, and event sponsorships.
- Serve as liaison to Development Committee, assisting them to achieve goals, coordinating regular meetings, and providing staff support for annual events.
- Author grants in varying amounts to achieve annual support for Project Access (approx. $400,000 - $500,000 annually)
- Write and submit grant reports to meet established deadlines
- Track grants process, management, and report monthly
- Work with Executive Director to develop and nurture funder relationships
- Assure integrity of donor database; generate meaningful reports on fund development progress, targets and potential strategies.
- Manage volunteer physician participation in appropriate databases.
- Coordinate activities and meetings of the Specialty Care Access Initiative Coalition, including development of semi-annual reports.
- Serve as Lead for eConsultSD system, including training specialist physicians and providing technical assistance to users.
- Supervise Billing Consultant to track value of donated services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Passion for improving community health and social equity
- Impeccable relationship management, business management, and project management skills
- Excellent grant proposal writing and grant management skills
- Strong team spirit and ethic to match organizational culture
- Willingness and capability to work at a level of detail appropriate to the current size of the organization as well as the capacity to grow as the organization grows.
- The capacity to serve as an ambassador of the organization within the San Diego community and with other collaborative partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong competency in common office and fundraising software (such as MS Office, donor databases)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required by meetings and special events
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in health or social sciences preferred
- Minimum 3 – 5 years experience in fund development, annual campaigns, sponsorship solicitations, event planning and management
- Proven experience in grant writing and grant management
Salary commensurate with experience.
Excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, FSA; liberal PTO, 401k, life and disability insurance.
Send your resume and cover letter to Barbara Mandel, Executive Director, at Barbara.Mandel@sdcms.org. Include in cover letter your responses to the following:
- Give a specific example from your work experience of how you have been able to engage others in the mission of your organization; what were your strategies, successes, challenges?
- Describe the breadth of your grantwriting experience; number of grants written, success rate, largest grant received.
- Describe your role in work teams of which you have been a member; what have been your strengths in helping your team succeed?
No walk ins, faxes, snail mail, or phone calls will be accepted.
Submissions will be accepted through September 30, 2012.