Posted on July 25, 2012
Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law
Brennan Center for Justice - Receptionist/Operations Assistant
The Brennan Center for Justice at New York University School of
law is a non-partisan public policy and law institute that focuses on
the fundamental issues of democracy and justice. Our work ranges from
voting rights to campaign finance reform, from racial justice in
criminal law to presidential power in the fight against terrorism. A
singular institution - part think tank, part public interest law firm,
part advocacy group - the Brennan Center combines scholarship,
legislative and legal advocacy, and communications to win meaningful,
measurable change in the public sector.
We seek an energetic, motivated, and well-organized Receptionist
to join our Finance and Operations Team. The Brennan Center maintains a
busy office of approximately 60 staff and 20 interns and volunteers. The
Operations Assistant plays a vital role in ensuring smooth office
The Operations Assistant is a member of the Finance and
Operations team, works closely with the Operations Associate and COO,
and reports to the Operations Director.
- Answering phones and greeting guests.
- Providing administrative and clerical support to the
Finance and Operations staff.
- Managing supply inventory, purchasing, and
- Working closely with Operations Director on matters
related to general office maintenance.
- Assist in processing job applications.
- Assist in the maintenance of the physical plant,
including the coordination of repairs when necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree, high school diploma or
- 1-2 years experience working in an office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and an ability to
- An openness to evolving responsibilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, and comfort
with business machines
- Ability and willingness to lift heavy boxes and office
equipment, as needed
- An interest in the work of the Brennan Center
The Brennan Center, an equal opportunity, affirmative action
employer, is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applicants of
all races, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations, including
people who have been previously incarcerated.
Upload a cover letter and resume at http://brennancenter.theresumator.com/apply/xyZz2w/ReceptionistOperations-Assistant.html?source=fdncenter. No phone calls, please.