Posted on October 23, 2012
Give2Asia - Grants Associate
Give2Asia is a world-class nonprofit service group that partners with donors to create transformative philanthropy for Asia. Founded by The Asia Foundation, Give2Asia helps overcome the common challenges associated with giving overseas. With a flexible menu of custom giving options, Give2Asia and its expert network across the Asia-Pacific region provide individuals, families, corporations, and foundations the tools for fulfilling their charitable goals. In its first ten years Give2Asia has facilitated over $150 million in grants to organizations and causes throughout Asia.
Give2Asia is seeking a highly organized and motivated professional to become our new Grants Associate. The Grants Associate is responsible for supporting grant-making and donor stewardship activities. Primary responsibilities include managing the process of making new grants to organizations in Asia, and providing wide-ranging assistance to the Grants Management Team and Philanthropy Officers who manage relationships with Give2Asia’s donors. The Grants Associate must demonstrate strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Bachelors degree with minimum 2-3 years of professional experience
- Excellent, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong commitment to excellence in all activities
- Proven track record with organizational, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize, collaborate with others, work in a team environment, and be flexible
- Entrepreneurial and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of standard office software; Experience with grantmaking and database applications (e.g. SalesForce) strongly preferred
- Work or life experience in Asia strongly preferred
- Interest in international philanthropy and international development preferred
Please visit The Asia Foundation’s website at www.asiafoundation.org/about/employment/ and select “Regular Employment.”
Please put your cover letter/expression of interest and resume in one document and submit it as an attachment. We will only consider applicants who apply online and provide a cover letter along with their resume. In addition, we will only consider applications submitted prior to the application deadline of November 2, 2012.
Must be eligible to legally work in the United States without sponsorship. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.