Posted on January 12, 2013
Director of Financial Management and Analysis
UJA-Federation of New York
UJA-Federation of New York - Director of Financial Management & Analysis
The Director of Financial Management and Analysis of the Commission Management and Budget Office (CMBO) is responsible for taking a leadership role in financial condition analysis of beneficiary agencies, managing the grants budget of UJA-Federation, and performing analysis related to organizational financial reports.
The position requires a strong knowledge of budgeting and financial data, as well as an ability to manage projects, communicate effectively, and advance initiatives in a strategic manner.
- Lead the financial condition assessments of UJA-Federation’s beneficiary organizations, providing analysis and recommendations to professionals and lay leaders. Conduct intensive fieldwork in organizations, on an as needed basis, involving budgeting processes, cash flow assessment and monthly profit/loss statements.
- Head the preparation and management of the annual grants budget of UJA-Federation.
- Provide analysis required by auditors as it relates to grants expense, liabilities and year to year comparisons and respond to public reporting needs (including audited financial statements and IRS Form 990).
- Provide detailed analysis, correspondence and schedules to participant agencies in the UJA-Federation pension plan.
- Track UJA-Federation’s agency loan programs, calculating loan interest and preparing related accounting entries.
Skills and Experience:
- A high-level knowledge of budgeting, accounting and public finance.
- Ability to analyze audited financial statements.
- High level computer skills including intermediate or advanced use of spreadsheet and database software.
- Writing ability and communication skills
- Advanced strategic and critical thinking
- Masters degree; preferably in Business or Public Administration, or similar field
- At least five years experience in the philanthropic/not-for-profit area. Understanding of the business of UJA-Federation network agencies is a plus.
EOE. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Director FM&A”