Posted on February 28, 2013
Project Associate, Quality Standards and Practice
National Youth Employment Coalition
National Youth Employment Coalition - Project Associate Quality Standards and Practice
The National Youth Employment Coalition (NYEC) seeks a committed and motivated individual with a vision for quality and continuous improvement for youth-serving organizations, communities and systems to serve as a full-time Project Associate for its Quality Standards and Practice initiatives. Established in 1979, NYEC is a national membership network of over 250 youth employment/development organizations that improves the effectiveness of organizations that seek to help youth become productive citizens. To learn more about NYEC, visit www.nyec.org.
The Project Associate will be an integral member of NYEC’s team and work with the Director of Quality Standards and Practices to achieve NYEC’s strategic goals to expand the use of quality practices and build the evidence base for these practices across youth-serving organizations, communities and systems. The Project Associate will work on efforts related to NYEC’s Promising and Effective Practices Network (PEPNet), an initiative dedicated to improving the effectiveness of youth-serving organizations and public policy through the development, dissemination and implementation of quality standards and practices. For more information about the PEPNet resources and tools visit www.nyec.org/pepnet
This position provides a tremendous opportunity for a self-starter to assist youth programs, policymakers, donors and others improve options for youth, and to work with a variety of national, state and local organizations involved in youth employment, youth development and education across the nation.
- Providing information on PEPNet and effective practices to a broad audience of youth employment/development/education professionals, including practitioners, policy makers, researchers, funders and other stakeholders
- Supporting the expansion/awareness of the PEPNet tools and resources
- Organizing, planning and presenting at PEPNet workshops
- Maintaining and enhancing the PEPNet web site (www.nyec.org/pepnet)
- Maintaining PEPNet databases and information collection efforts
- Assisting with development and dissemination of publications
- Supporting a national advisory group on Quality Standards and Practice
- Informing ongoing development and improvement of PEPNet tools, materials and processes
- Contribute to the overall work of NYEC by assisting with member meetings and conferences and providing support to member organizations
- Developing and assisting with PEPNet projects, including timelines, activities and tracking mechanisms
- Participating in the organization’s Quality and Team Building (QTB) initiatives
- Conducting site visits
- Strong interest in youth development, employment and education issues. Experience in youth employment/development or related field a plus
- Bachelors degree plus 2-3 years related experience, or commensurate experience; Masters degree preferred.
- Strong writing, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Comfort in presenting to and working with groups and diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organized, dedicated, responsible, team-oriented, and flexible
- Ability to work independently, self-structure and connect tasks to broader project/organizational goals
- Experience in organization of projects, meetings and events
- Superior attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Advanced knowledge, skills and experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and other standard business software; proficiency with web editing
- Ability to distill information gathered from different audiences and communicate it effectively
- Enthusiasm, positive attitude, and sense of humor
- Strong office skills and work ethic
- Comfortable working in a shared office space and a team environment
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, plus an excellent benefits package.
Hours: 9:00am – 5:30pm
The National Youth Employment Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.
Forward a letter of interest, salary requirements, resume and two short writing samples (examples: papers, articles, and/or memos) to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Project Associate position in the subject line. Re-location expenses will not be covered.
No phone calls please.
We are currently interviewing and will hire as soon as we identify the right candidate.