Posted on October 1, 2012
Human Resources Director (Part-Time)
Opportunity Fund - Human Resources Director (Part-Time, 30 hrs / week)
Position Summary: Opportunity Fund seeks a qualified Human Resources Director to sustain and grow the strong entrepreneurial and mission-focused culture of the Opportunity Fund by establishing and coordinating programs and practices that enhance talent acquisition and retention, appropriate compensation, strong and transparent communication practices, and other strategic and tactical efforts required to develop staff and enhance growth. This individual will influence the growth and development of the organization and ensure that its human resource policies and practices are aligned with its strategic and business goals. The role will also manage ongoing HR requirements and oversee administrative tasks necessary to ensure the organization is in compliance with all requirements and operates in a way that ensures continued success.
Key Responsibilities: Lead all human resources function:
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate programs, policies and practices
- Coordinate all recruitment standards and processes, and play an active role in ensuring the Opportunity Fund attracts the best people
- Manage outside vendors for benefit and payroll administration
- Ensure compliance with all legal and ethical requirements
- Provide employee relations support and counsel to managers and employees
- Implement and maintain a compensation philosophy appropriate to attract, maintain and reward
- Assess the needs of the organization for training and development
- Ensure the culture of the organization remains positive and motivational
- Provide counsel to senior leadership regarding the “people impact” of business decisions
- Anticipate staff needs in the context of the organization’s commitments, aspirations and growth
- Work as part of a leadership team to ensure the organization serves its mission and meets its goals
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will embrace the mission of the organization and be excited about the opportunity to apply his or her solid and broad human resources experience in an organization that has a successful track record of successfully serving the community. Specific qualifications will include:
- 8 to 10 years experience in human resources, with exposure to all dimensions (i.e. recruiting, compensation, employee relations, training, etc.)
- Non-profit experience desired, though not necessarily through paid employment (volunteer, board)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to articulate concepts clearly.
- Experience in supporting and influencing a senior management team
- Demonstrated confidence, based on competence and an in-depth understanding of the needs of organizations and alternative ways to address those needs
- Collaborative work style and ability to engage with a variety of styles and experience levels
- Experience in training and leading support staff
- Creative in problem solving and anticipating needs
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
Compensation: Part-time job at 30 hours per week. Competitive salary, dependent on experience. Benefits include vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, and retirement.
Organizational Overview: Opportunity Fund is a non-profit financial institution that advances the economic well being of working people by helping them earn, save, and invest in the future. With a staff of ~ 50 people and annual operating budget of $7+ million, our award winning programs have directed over $200 million into low-income communities and helped thousands of clients improve their lives.
To Apply: Email a resume and thoughtful cover letter email@example.com.