Posted on February 21, 2013
MAPP International Productions
MAPP International Productions - Development Assistant
MAPP International seeks a part-time Development Assistant, reporting directly to the Director of Development, who will assist both the Director of Development and Community Programs Director. The Development Assistant will primarily handle a variety of critical tasks that integrate these two areas of the organization, with the goal of building and sustaining a supportive community of public participants and investors in MAPP International. In addition, the position will more generally support ongoing fundraising for all projects and programs.
MAPP International Productions is a nonprofit producing and touring organization dedicated to engaging audiences through contemporary performing arts projects and artistic experiences that offer fresh interpretations of social issues and forge connections between the artist and the community. We are recognized for producing nontraditional artists who tackle complex subject matter, experiment with form, and push the cultural conversation forward in society. Current program areas include: New Works, MAPP on Tour, Artist-Community Dialogues, The America Project and The Africa Contemporary Arts Consortium. The common goal of these programs is to promote artistic and community engagement and the exchange of ideas on a local, national and international stage. Learn more at www.mappinternational.org
- Database management: Keep information on funder/donor activity accurate and up-to-date; generate reports
- Grant proposals/reports: Maintain data on all program activities; compile documentation, support materials and work samples
- Cultivation: Assist with event planning, management and outreach; track participation in and responses to cultivation events
- Appeals: Support creation and management of online and print fundraising campaigns
- Research: Research potential funding sources
- Able to commit to a regular schedule of 16 hours per week
- Experience in nonprofit setting with background or genuine interest in fundraising
- Highly detailed oriented
- Strong data entry/management skills (familiarity with SugarCRM a plus)
- Fluency with social media outlets
- Very good writing and proof-reading skills
- Familiarity with the contemporary performing arts field
MAPP is strongly committed to equal opportunity employment and diversity in all areas.
Send resume and one-page writing sample to email@example.com by February 25.