Posted on December 18, 2012
Development Officer, Individual Giving
Madison Square Boys and Girls Club
Madison Square Boys and Girls Club - Development Officer, Individual Giving
A founding member of Boys & Girls Club of America, Madison Square Boys & Girls Club annually serves over 5,000 youth at four clubhouses and three school sites in the Bronx and Brooklyn. We provide after-school and summer program that address the needs of the “whole child,” empowering at-risk youth to see past their own circumstances and find the tools necessary to pursue the vast opportunities that lie ahead.
Madison seeks a Development Officer, Individual Giving to join its development team. This position reports to the Director of Development and collaborates closely with Madison volunteer leaders and the development team. It requires a results-oriented and creative individual to establish and build an individual giving program. This individual will develop fundraising strategies and cultivate relationships with individual donors to significantly enhance major gifts and annual giving revenue stream. He or she must manage the cultivation and stewardship of individual donors and meet explicit performance objectives.
- Create and implement a strategy to significantly increase donations from individuals
- Identify, develop, solicit and manage a portfolio of individual donors and prospects
- Manage all aspects of individual donor relations, including direct contact, special proposals, appeal and events, online appeals and cultivation, and donor recognition
- Develop, propose and execute strategies for individual gifts, including major gifts, by determining ongoing relationships with prospects/donors, recommending specific purpose and level of gift, identifying those to be involved in cultivation and solicitation, and ensuring that targets for meetings and solicitations are being met
- Oversee planning and executive of cultivation/recognition events and activities
- Keep current on Madison; regularly interface with Madison’s Director and leadership team to understand current and future initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 3 years of proven track record of managing an individual giving program in a non-profit setting
- Demonstrated experience in creating an individual giving program and raising funds from individuals
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects
- Experience producing high-quality work on deadline and performing well in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading sills; excellent verbal communication skills; and the ability to listen effectively
- Strong planning, analytical, administrative and organizational skills; ability to prioritize, manage time efficiently, meet deadlines, work independently and within a team
- Availability and willingness to participate in events outside the workday schedule
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge donor software
Please submit a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.