Posted on December 19, 2012
Chief Executive Officer
Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle
Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle - Chief Executive Officer
The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle (JFGS) is launching a search for a new Chief Executive. The CEO will be a dynamic change agent. There is broad agreement among community leaders, Federation staff, the Jewish Agencies and key stakeholders in the Seattle Jewish community that Federation is at an important inflection point. The new CEO will be positioned to build upon and re-energize the Federation and bring to life its new vision; inspire confidence and trust to drive progressive community collaboration and further transformation.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle has a unique opportunity for a visionary, passionate executive with strong community building and strategic management skills to lead an amazing, high quality Jewish community. With a population of 60,000 Jews, a thriving business community, and deeply committed volunteer leadership, Greater Seattle is an extraordinary place to live, raise a family, form friendships, enjoy world-class outdoor recreation and professional sports, and live out Jewish values.
The Federation needs a nimble chief executive who can passionately articulate a vision and lead the community. An integral part of this effort will be to engage broader segments of the community, work closely with the board, create a sense of team with the staff, increase the capacity and pipeline of new volunteer leadership, and work closely with the agencies and other institutions. The new CEO needs to be a proven convener of the community and a facilitator in the solution of community issues. Outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to assess and take risks, a proven track record of successful financial resource development, and strong business acumen are essential
The successful candidate will:
- remain open, accessible and accountable, demonstrate honesty in personal behavior and organizational decisions, and act as a role model for volunteer and professional leadership.
- have proven success in organizational management, staff supervision, financial oversight and project management.
- demonstrate passionate about Judaism, locally, in Israel, and around the world, with sensitivity, compassion and understanding to insure Federation remains accessible to a pluralistic community.
- have prior experience managing non-profit Boards and working with lay leaders
- demonstrate unwavering commitment to program quality and operational ethics.
- ability to effectively organize and monitor numerous ongoing projects in a changing, fast-paced environment.
- have relevant experience with a minimum of 10 year track record of success in for-profit or non-profit leadership position(s); with serious strategic leadership and management experience.
Bachelor's degree minimum, Masters or equivalent preferred
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com