Posted on July 19, 2012
Vice President of Communications and Marketing
New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
New Hampshire Charitable Foundation - Vice President of Communications and Marketing
Founded in 1962, the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation is a community foundation that serves all of New Hampshire and portions of Vermont, Maine, and Quebec. The foundation seeks to strengthen communities and inspire greater giving by investing charitable assets for today and tomorrow, funding effective organizations, ideas, and students, and leading and collaborating on important public issues.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Vice President of Communications and Marketing reports to the President/CEO and is responsible for providing strategic oversight and implementation of external and internal communications to enhance the Foundation’s visibility and brand among key constituents and stakeholders. This position is FLSA Exempt and is based in Concord, New Hampshire. It requires occasional extended work days, travel in New Hampshire, and some travel regionally and nationally.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications and marketing approach as called for in the Foundation’s strategic plan, “Stronger Communities, Greater Giving;”
- Serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, contributing strategic communications expertise in all planning and management;
- Develop, refine, and maintain brand authenticity and consistency;
- Work with the CEO and other key staff to create compelling messages and ensure their consistent delivery through staff, volunteers and the media;
- Manage strategic and tactical aspects of the Foundation’s relationships with the news media;
- Guide the development of online and social media strategies;
- Oversee all Foundation events to ensure consistency and effectiveness of message, brand, and experience;
- Guide development and serve as editor-in-chief of all printed and online content;
- Measure communications effectiveness and track behaviors and interests of targeted audiences;
- Advise and prepare comments and communications for President, Board Chair and/or Vice Presidents as required;
- Speak publicly on behalf of the Foundation as required;
- Monitor national trends in philanthropy; participate in local/regional/national projects that impact the Foundation or community foundation field;
- Create issue-specific strategies and policies;
- Manage performance of Communication Department Staff;
- At management’s discretion, this employee may be assigned different or additional duties or responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree in communication, marketing, new/digital media, or related field required; Advanced degree in marketing, communications or related field preferred;
Minimum of ten years directly relevant and successful experience in communications and marketing, including supervision of staff and leadership responsibility for strategy and execution;
Relevant software experience with professional video editing tools and graphic design technology is a plus;
Experience with innovative graphic design and use of web authoring tools is a plus;
Proven ability to work effectively with staff colleagues, board members, donors, and partners from nonprofits, government, and business;
Demonstrated experience with organizational development, strategic planning, analysis, and problem resolution;
Experience with public policy, community and New Hampshire State relations helpful;
Knowledge of New Hampshire preferred.
Excellent and persuasive oral and written communications skills;
Great personal initiative, proven superb judgment, a positive approach to challenge, and an ability to engage and inspire others as well as work effectively as part of a team;
Leadership traits, including strategic thinking and sound judgment;
Ability to manage and organize workloads and direct priorities of communications and marketing staff in accordance with both new and long-term priorities;
Participative work style; ability to receive feedback with grace;
Mature interpersonal style, ability to interact well with diverse range of people;
Flexibility in dealing with change.
To apply, email a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com summarizing your suitability for this role and stating how you learned of this opportunity. Be sure to put “Foundation VP” in subject line. No phone calls please.
The New Hampshire Charitable Foundation is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a demonstrated commitment to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities it serves. In addition, essential job functions and requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.