Posted on November 13, 2012
Funders Together to End Homelessness
Funders Together to End Homelessness - Program Assistant
Funders Together is the only national network for grantmakers who are working to end homelessness. This robust and growing community has been collaborating at the local, state and national levels for several years. We promote a catalytic approach to philanthropy that goes beyond effective grant-making to active civic engagement in solving homelessness. We seek to leverage the power of philanthropy in support of initiatives and policies that end rather than simply manage homelessness.
Funders Together works to build networks of funders engaged in best practices around grantmaking, convening, and advocacy. We are involved directly in advocacy at the national level, calling for the effective and efficient use of government resources, and building partnerships with government to leverage the use of resources in communities across the country. To meet our increasing scope of work, Funders Together is expanding its programs and staff.
We seek to hire a Program Assistant who will provide administrative support to the Executive Director and programmatic support to the Membership and Resource Development Officer, and other duties as required from time to time.
On the program side, the Program Assistant will work closely with the Membership and Resource Development Officer on all substantive areas of the work and will be deeply engaged with her in creative and strategic thinking. The Program Assistant will have opportunities to take initiative in research areas and will help inform outreach and recruitment strategies as well as helping to build working relationships with members and tracking their interests and areas of focus.
- Researching areas of expertise and interest among members
- Organizing and facilitating member learning communities
- Corresponding with members and potential members
- Managing member data base
- Researching information on potential funders
- Assisting in the grant application process
- Taking minutes and participating in programmatic meetings
- Other duties and initiatives as required in support of the work of the organization
On the administrative side, the Assistant will provide all administrative support to the Executive Director and other management staff as needed.
- Making all arrangements for meetings and conferences including scheduling, arranging space, communication of time and agenda and coordination of any special resources needed to conduct the meeting.
- Making all travel arrangements
- Reviewing all incoming mail and making preliminary decisions as to appropriate action
- Drafting correspondence
- Attending meetings with responsibility for accurate recording of meeting minutes and preparation of minutes in final format
- Compiling information and data for assigned projects
- Engaging by phone, email and written correspondence with numerous outside agencies and stakeholders including senior government officials
- Organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files
- Other tasks as required to support the Executive Director and the administration of the organization.
- Undergraduate or Associate degree desired or 2-5 years relevant work experience
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Work product that is clear, concise, accurate, and well organized
- Excellent critical-thinking skills
- Committed to teamwork and collaboration
- Interested in taking initiative and working independently
- Detail oriented with an ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a skillful and timely fashion
- Ability to manage scheduling and prepare and process membership and grant materials
- Ability to maintain updated member data base
- Interested in growing professionally
- Committed to social justice issues and the mission of the organization
- Technically proficient with strong working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, among other programs. Knowledge of Word Press and social media desirable
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Once we receive your resume, we will review your qualifications and if there is interest, we will contact you directly at that time. If you are contacted for an interview, writing samples and references will be requested.
Applications will be accepted until November 21, 2012.
Funders Together seeks to identify a successful candidate before the end of 2012 who is available to start employment right away.
Funders Together to End Homelessness is an equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to the recruitment and retention of a diverse and inclusive staff.