Posted on July 16, 2012
Center for Asian American Media
Center for Asian American Media - Membership Manager
The Center for Asian American Media (CAAM) is a national, mission driven organization dedicated to presenting stories that convey the richness and diversity of Asian American experiences to the broadest audience possible. CAAM is the premier provider of Asian American content through funding, producing, distributing and exhibiting works in film, television and digital media.
CAAM seeks a highly motivated professional to manage its membership program and interface with community, corporate and media partners. The membership program is a key part of CAAM’s overall community engagement and fundraising strategy. The ideal candidate has at least two years of development experience, or experience with membership programs and a passion for Asian American media arts and community engagement.
- Maximize CAAM membership program potential by soliciting user feedback, analyzing membership and donor surveys, and strategies laid out in CAAM’s strategic plan.
- Manage all aspects of CAAM’s membership program, including membership communications, appeals, and events.
- Maintain accurate membership records in Raiser’s Edge, and an organization-wide contacts database.
- Process all membership transactions, ensuring accuracy and prompt communications
- Think creatively about member engagement and cultivation through all levels.
- Continually evaluate membership benefits, types and levels, and develop ways to retain and upgrade memberships.
- Research national giving trends and analyze for individual donor base building.
- Develop specific local, regional, and national membership outreach strategies, needs and benefits.
- Provide support to annual giving campaigns and fundraising or cultivation events.
- Be an active part of a Development team responsible for meeting annual fundraising goals.
- Track progress against goals and provide regular reports to managers and colleagues.
- Develop new community partnerships to enhance the member experience and to leverage CAAM’s profile and affiliations.
- Organize content for CAAM Connect, an e-newsletter
- Broker and maintain relationships with key media outlets.
- Research potential corporate sponsorships and partnerships.
- Proven experience with membership programs, donor cultivation, fundraising, and marketing.
- Strong project management, organizational skills, and resourcefulness in reaching goals.
- Excellent presentation and analytic skills
- Ability to interact professionally and respectfully with donors, members, community partners, board members, volunteers, staff, and the general public.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to cultivate meaningful relationships with members and negotiate beneficial programs with partner organizations.
- Capacity to take initiative, work collaboratively and effectively within the organization as well as with external entities.
- Efficiency working on Mac OS platform, database software, MS Office and project management softwares, and web applications (e.g. e-marketing, and e-surveys).
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Filemaker Pro databases preferred.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, salaried, and exempt.
COMPENSATION: $38,000 to $46,000 per year with excellent benefits
To apply, please send résumé, cover letter, and salary history by Thursday, July 19, 2012 to: jobs (at) caamedia (dot) org