Posted on February 22, 2012
U.S. Fund for UNICEF
U.S. Fund for UNICEF - Estates Officer
Reporting to the Director of Planned Giving, the Estates Officer oversees the tracking and processing of all estate gifts to the U.S. Fund for UNICEF. The estates program is a busy one with significant growth predicted over the next few years. Approximately 75% of the officer’s time will be spent on estate work, and 25% will be dedicated to administrative duties in support of the Director. Careful oversight of all aspects of the estates program is needed to ensure that distributions are received in a timely manner and surviving family members are thanked and appropriately recognized.
- Reviews all estate documents, including wills, trusts, and legal correspondence to determine the U.S. Fund’s interests. Flags potential estate settlement issues.
- Monitors estate activity from notification through closure.
- Prepares all correspondence and attachments and secures necessary signatures.
- Identifies surviving family members and corresponds by phone or letter as appropriate.
- Processes estate distribution checks
- Monitors estate distribution time frames. Calls attorneys for frequent updates.
- Provides weekly updates to the Director.
- Provides Finance with revenue projections as needed.
- Oversees archiving of closed estates.
- Analyzes estate giving patterns.
- Files, photocopies and assists the Director with administrative duties as needed.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Must have 1-2 years prior work experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
Commitment to the mission of the U.S. Fund for UNICEF
To Apply – Please apply on-line at http://www.unicefusa.org/about/jobs/
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
The U. S. Fund for UNICEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce