Posted on October 24, 2012
Senior Manager, Garden Patrons Program
New York Botanical Garden
New York Botanical Garden - Senior Manager, Garden Patrons Program
The New York Botanical Garden, a National Historic Landmark and one of NYC’s premier cultural institutions, seeks a Senior Manager of the Garden Patrons Program to join their Individual Giving department. Under the guidance of the Director of Annual Giving, manage the Garden Patrons Program (members at the $1,500+ level) including managing Garden Patron renewals, upgrade, and new Patron acquisition strategies; stewardship and cultivation of Garden Patrons, maintenance of donor records, and planning and execution of Garden Patron events.
- Draft, produce, and follow up on all correspondence with Garden Patrons including renewal requests, invitations, marketing materials, and acknowledgement letters.
- Manage and execute individualized stewardship strategies for Garden Patrons, including organizing specialist-led custom visits to the Garden.
- Coordinate Garden Patron cultivation/stewardship events, often in tandem with Special Events and Institutional Advancement Colleagues.
- Collaborate with membership staff to design and implement strategies to upgrade members to Garden Patron level.
- Track and manage expense budget and income reports for the Garden Patrons program.
- Assist with planning and execution of Special Events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of Development experience, preferably in Individual Giving or Membership.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact gracefully and strategically with all levels of volunteers, donors, staff, and the public.
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, self motivated and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with using sophisticated constituent management databases. Experience using Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must be a team player.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Excellent benefits including 4 weeks vacation a year, 401k savings and pension plans, paid sick days and holidays, free employee parking on premises and more!
Please indicate Senior Manager, Garden Patrons Program, D-1438 on cover letter and e-mail along with a resume to email@example.com or visit our website at http://www.nybg.org/employment/
The New York Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer