Posted on January 17, 2013
Program Investments Associate
Chicago Public Education Fund
Chicago Public Education Fund - Program Investments Associate
The Chicago Public Education Fund (The Fund) accelerates student achievement in Chicago's public schools by building high-performing teams of principals and teachers, improving evaluation and accountability system-wide, and reinventing classrooms with the innovative use of time, technology, and talent. The Fund’s investors represent a broad cross section of Chicago’s business, civic and philanthropic leaders. They have committed $50 million to The Fund since 2000, attracted by our track record of results and our mission and values. We identify high-quality programs and outstanding management teams in which to invest financial and human capital. We track the performance of our investments, provide strategic and operational management assistance, and leverage the business acumen of our directors and management team to generate results for our investors. The Fund raises a series of funds approximately every four years focused on a set of clearly defined prioriti es. Building off a strong track record of success in Funds I, II and III, The Fund is exploring the possibility of launching a fourth Fund in 2013. Our team shares an unyielding commitment to providing all children a world-class education, and we value collaboration, innovation, and integrity. To learn more about The Fund, please visit our website at www.thefundchicago.org.
The Associate will be responsible for working with the Program Team to conduct research, perform analyses, prepare deliverables and otherwise collaborate with members of the team across work streams. The Associate will be held accountable for results such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Serve as primary support person for a high-functioning program team; this includes managing the program team calendar and team budget, summarizing relevant meetings, and preparing draft documents for review by senior leadership and the board.
- Support Program Investment team staff in the investment process, including:
- Conducting due diligence on prospective program investments
- Drafting written investment recommendations to the board
- Monitoring performance benchmarks
- Executing program grant payments
- Support the Program Investment team in thorough preparations for program-related board and committee meetings
- In partnership with the Senior Analyst, conduct research and create updates on national and local developments in education pertinent to The Fund’s work and analyze data and create presentation-ready deliverables of analysis
- Participate on project teams which include Chicago Public Schools staff
- Serve as a member of a 3-4 person cross-functional administrative support team, providing leadership in overall operational and programmatic execution of key Fund priorities
- Add value to organizational activities such as strategic planning, document production, recruiting, and performing other duties as assigned
- Exhibit The Fund’s core values of collaboration, equity, excellence, innovation, integrity, and leadership
- The Fund seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial professional with at least 2 years of professional experience. Successful candidates will have:
- A successful track record of managing or playing a significant role on major projects
- History of achieving results in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Outstanding writing ability; excellent oral communication skills – experience leveraging social media a plus
- Superior analytical skills
- Knowledge of education reform and/or urban school systems – experience with or knowledge of Chicago Public Schools and Chicago’s education landscape a plus
- The desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment with a small group of professionals who are expected to take initiative, display a strong work ethic, pay attention to detail, continue to grow professionally, be willing to cross boundaries, and help colleagues
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office – particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with The Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required – advanced degree in education, public policy, business administration or related field, preferred
The Fund seeks to maintain competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience.Application Instructions
Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that we will not be able to respond to phone inquiries about this position.
The Chicago Public Education Fund is an equal opportunity employer; people of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.