Posted on July 4, 2012
Membership-Annual Fund Manager
National Children's Museum
National Children's Museum - Membership-Annual Fund Manager
The National Children’s Museum is seeking a Membership-Annual Fund Manager.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Development, the position requires an individual who is up to the challenge of developing and implementing the membership and annual fund programs at the newly-opening National Children’s Museum at National Harbor later this year. The incumbent will be a “hands-on doer” with the knowledge and experience to immediately create, implement, and evaluate membership identification, acquisition, stewardship, and renewal programs.
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of five years experience in membership, annual fund development, or direct marketing (or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a cultural organization).
- Working knowledge of database programs (Raisers’ Edge or ALTRU experience preferred)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
Additional attributes include:
Knowledge of the broader museum community
- Direct experience in developing and implementing a membership program (including direct marketing campaigns); not-for-profit experience preferred.
- Occasional night and weekend work at the Museum for events required
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. The position reports to the Vice President of Development and is based out of NCM offices currently in Washington, DC. (moving to National Harbor, Maryland in late autumn 2012).
Expressions of interest and referrals (resume and cover letter) should be sent to the attention of the Vice President of Development at:
Regular mail should be directed to:
Vice President of Development
National Children’s Museum
955 L’Enfant Plaza North, SW
Washington, DC 20024
The National Children’s Museum is a private 501(c)(3) organization committed to equal opportunity for all employees and prospective employees without discrimination based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, personal appearance, sexual orientation, political affiliation, family responsibilities, disability, matriculation, marital status, or any other category protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment at NCM, including, but not limited to recruitment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and development, access to facilities, discipline, separation of employment, and other terms and conditions of employment.