Posted on September 21, 2012
Manager, Individual Giving
Teach for America
Teach For America - Manager, Individual Giving
The Manager of Individual Giving (MIG) will drive our campaign to raise $11.5 million over the next three years from individuals in support of our overall goal to raise $25 million by FY15. The MIG's charge will be to substantially increase the individual giving donor base in order to achieve a more diverse mix of funding and ensure the region's sustainability. The MIG will work closely with the Managing Director of Development (MDD) and Executive Director (ED) to set and execute high-level individual giving strategy and will be responsible for: creating and executing a strategic plan and an operational plan in order to meet fundraising goals; developing strategies and cultivation plans for a portfolio of donors and prospects; and managing up to the MDD and ED to cultivate, solicit and steward donors. Miami's significant individual donor community is relatively untapped by TFA Miami-Dade - the MIG will play a critical role in driving a nnual dollar growth of through 2015. To be successful, a MIG must be exceptionally organized with strong attention to detail and a high bar for quality. This individual must: be a critical thinker with a keen understanding of what motivates others; display sound judgment in prioritizing actions based on outcomes; and be able to drive actions efficiently and effectively. The MIG will report directly to the MDD.
Team Overview Miami-Dade Since 2003, Teach For America Miami-Dade has continued to grow in size, increasing its impact in South Florida in order to create a massive movement for educational equity. With support from the local funding community, the regional development team has begun a serious growth plan to raise more than $25 million in operating revenue over the next three years. This growth plan will necessitate an increasingly talented team of development professionals to help us generate diverse, sustainable support base to enable us to grow our efforts to close the achievement gap in Miami-Dade. By 2015 we will have 500 corps members who are on average, effecting 1.5 years of academic progress in a single year and impacting more than 35,000 students in low income communities across South Florida.
- Developing and managing individual giving stream and campaigns, including the Sponsor A Teacher program, Volunteer program and the Miami Outreach Committee
- Collaborating with the MDD, ED and Board Chair to create and execute the individual giving strategic and operational plans with a focus on retaining current supporters at a high level, increase the volume of donors; thereby ensuring that Miami-Dade maximizes opportunities, meets annual funding goals, and builds long-term sustainability within this revenue stream
- Collaborating with the MDD, ED and Board Chair to execute a compelling and aggressive regional growth plan that will allow our region to afford an incoming corps size of 275 for FY15 and beyond
- Analyzing historical and market data to support the MDD in setting ambitious yet feasible revenue, donor quantity and retention goals and setting interim benchmarks
- Regularly tracking progress to goal, in part by managing accurate and up-to-date records and data on donors; conducting analysis to identify what is driving and impeding progress; and working with the MDD to develop and implement solutions to address gaps
- Prioritizing key actions for the MDD and ED to take in cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors through external meetings, events and correspondence and preparing/supporting them to execute.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required 3 - 5 years of work experience preferred
- Experience with fund development and annual campaigns strongly preferred
- Experience setting ambitious goals and delivering results
- Experience in or with the education sector a plus
- Creativity to develop alternative solutions to problems and potential next steps
- Uncommon level of personal responsibility with exceptional goal orientation and a proven track record of success
- Exceptional listener with ability to understand the needs and motivations of others, find common ground and build trust with external and internal stakeholders, and synthesize a wide range of information into compelling strategies
- Highly organized with exceptional detail orientation and demonstrated ability to manage a high volume of work
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Customer service approach to donor management
- Ability to operate with purpose, urgency, and accuracy in a growing, fast-paced, diverse and results oriented culture
- Comfort with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
Application Requirements and Process
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter with your application.
To link directly to this job listing, please use the following address http://teachforamerica.taleo.net/careersection/01/jobdetail.ftl?&job=12434
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
About Teach For America
Teach For America is the national corps of top college graduates and professionals who commit to teach for two years in urban and rural public schools and become lifelong leaders in the effort to expand educational opportunity. Our mission is to build the movement to eliminate educational inequity by enlisting the nation's most promising future leaders in the effort.
To apply for this position, please go to: http://bit.ly/OHDNnM