Posted on October 9, 2012
Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications
OMG Center for Collaborative Learning
OMG Center for Collaborative Learning - Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications
The OMG Center for Collaborative Learning (www.omgcenter.org) seeks to hire a Senior Manager of Marketing & Communications who will develop and lead the implementation of the organization’s external outreach strategy. The position is based in Philadelphia, PA and reports to the Deputy Director.
OMG Center is a $5.0 + M non-profit organization, focused primarily on community and social policy issues. Our work includes strategic research and planning, evaluation, and philanthropic services, funded by foundations, government, and non-profit organizations.
About the Position
The Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications will join the OMG Center’s senior leadership team, ensure consistent and powerful messaging throughout the organization’s print and digital collateral, expand OMG’s visibility through relationship-building and strategic outreach via traditional and social media channels and manage the organization’s editorial calendar.
The successful candidate will have a Master’s degree or higher and 7-10 years of professional experience in social sector marketing and communications. Particular attention will be paid to candidates with experience in organizations similar to OMG. This position requires expert knowledge of communications, media and social media strategy development and relationship building, exceptional writing skills and experience in creating successful marketing and communications plans. Salary for this position is based on qualifications and experience, and is field competitive with excellent benefits.
- Develops and manages annual communications calendar
- Establishes and continually refines core and supporting organizational messaging
- Serves as the lead editorial voice for aligning messages with content, verifying integrity of writing and adherence to content guidelines and standards
- Develops ideas for new print and online content
- Produces and manages e-broadcasts and e-newsletters
- Has a helicopter view of the organization’s strategy, programs, and goals and identifies opportunities to promote and communicate this information.
Media and Social Media Strategy and Management
- Introduces OMG to key traditional, new and social media outlets and journalists
- Identifies projects and topics likely to draw media attention
- Pitches above topics to appropriate media outlets
- Guides staff in drafting and finalization of content for web and social media outlets including blogs and website updates
- Develops and maintains an organizational media outreach list
- Creates and distributes press releases as needed
- Identifies, tests and implements targeted marketing strategies for key OMG Center audiences
- Trains OMG Center staff in core organizational messages and strategic marketing practices
- Tracks effectiveness of marketing and outreach strategies and adjusts plans as needed
To apply, send a letter of interest, including salary requirements, current resume, and writing sample to ResumeComm@omgcenter.org.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
We will begin review of applications on November 1, 2012.
Please, no telephone calls or in-person inquiries; we are an equal opportunity employer. Minority and female candidates are encouraged to apply.