Posted on July 20, 2012
Working In Support of Education
Working in Support of Education - Development Director
W!SE, serving more than 50,000 youth, is a nonprofit dedicated to personal finance education and assessment as well as readiness for college and the global workplace. We are seeking a Director of Development with a minimum of three years experience, relationships and a record of success in developing resources. Candidates need to have superior organization skills and the capacity to manage the development of diverse funding sources.
Conduct research to identify grant opportunities aligned to support operations, new and existing programs, develop lists of prospective donors, and develop cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Develop and write letters of inquiry and proposals.
- Oversee deadlines and reports.
- Create and implement an annual and long-term funding plan including private and corporate grants and special events.
- Organize a fundraising event.
- Maintain and update records and protocol pertaining to the development of resources.
- BA or MA or Masters in Fundraising Management, English, Journalism, Education or related field plus relevant work experience.
- Outstanding research, writing, grammar, editing, oral communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to oversee multiple tasks and perform well under pressure.
- High degree of computer proficiency (Microsoft Office XP, MSW, Excel, Internet).
- Fast learner who uses diplomacy and has the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to set priorities and move multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment identify and communicate potential needs or problems.
Please submit a cover memo with salary requisite, resume, and short writing sample that reflects ability to successfully accomplish one of the duties noted to firstname.lastname@example.org (write “Job Applicant” in the Subject Line).