Posted on October 12, 2012
Just Vision - Grants Manager
Just Vision generates awareness and support for Palestinians and Israelis who pursue freedom, dignity, security and peace using nonviolent means. We tell their inspiring, under-documented stories through public education campaigns that undermine stereotypes, inspire commitment and galvanize action. Just Vision uses our award-winning films (Budrus, Encounter Point, My Neighbourhood) and community organizing tools to engage audiences in America, Israel, Palestine and beyond, amplifying the courageous efforts of ordinary people who act when government officials fail to do so. Our overarching goal is to contribute to fostering peace and an end to the occupation by rendering Palestinian and Israeli civic peacebuilders and nonviolence leaders more visible, valued and effective in their efforts.
Just Vision’s staff includes Palestinian, Israeli, North and South American human rights advocates, filmmakers, conflict resolution experts and journalists. We are a small, highly motivated team that encourages individual growth and initiative. We are based in Washington, DC, New York and Jerusalem.
Just Vision has a solid, loyal base of donors comprised of foundations, family foundations and individuals who are passionate about human rights, film, multimedia, nonviolence, peacebuilding and/or the Middle East. We have a 100% giving rate from our Board of Directors, who are active participants and help us steward the mission and vision of the organization. Our annual budget is approximately $1,350,000.
We are seeking a talented Grants Manager to research, solicit and track large and multi-year grants from private and public foundations as well as government entities. This is a fast-paced job within a high-performing team. It involves a significant degree of writing about the Palestinian-Israeli context.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Working closely with the Executive Director and Manager of Strategic Relationships to plan institutional funding strategies for new prospects as well as renewal funding;
- Researching and identifying new institutional and governmental support;
- Writing eloquent, moving and succinct letters of intent, proposals, applications and reports;
- Preparing budgets and financial reports in coordination with the Executive Director and Director of Finance;
- Interacting with programmatic staff on a regular basis to maintain up-to-date knowledge of Just Vision’s activities and accomplishments, especially as needed for reports and proposals;
- Overseeing the calendar of deadlines for planning and submitting letters of intent, proposals and reports;
- Maintaining and ensuring foundation and government records (database records, computer files and paper files) are accurate and up-to-date in coordination with the Development and Operations Assistant.
- Minimum of two years of experience and a track record of success in foundation cultivation and grant writing;
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to successfully conceptualize, write and edit proposals, letters and reports under pressure;
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Computer skills, including database and Excel spreadsheet management;
- Comfort with multi-tasking in a fast-paced, high-performance culture;
- Familiarity with conflict resolution, peacebuilding, international affairs or the Middle East;
- Exposure to the Palestinian-Israeli context;
- Energy, enthusiasm and a sense of humor.
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Washington, DC, with the possibility of telecommuting from our Manhattan office.
Salary commensurate with experience. We are open to flexible schedules.
Please email a cover letter, resume, two brief, relevant writing samples (no longer than two pages each), and the complete contact information for three references to email@example.com. Please put Application for Grants Manager in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Application Deadline: Rolling, but early submissions are encouraged.
NOTE: Please do not make any inquiries about the position or the status of your application. Because of the volume of applicants we anticipate, we cannot respond individually to each application. We will contact those applicants that are of interest to the Search Committee directly.
Just Vision is an equal opportunity employer. We carefully consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.