Posted on February 20, 2013
Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
Conrad N. Hilton Foundation - Communications Coordinator
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation was created in 1944 by international business pioneer Conrad N. Hilton, who founded Hilton Hotels and left his fortune to help the world’s disadvantaged and vulnerable people. The Foundation currently conducts strategic initiatives in six priority areas: providing safe water, ending chronic homelessness, preventing substance abuse, helping children affected by HIV and AIDS, supporting transition-age youth in foster care, and extending Conrad Hilton’s support for the work of Catholic Sisters. Following selection by an independent international jury, the Foundation annually awards the $1.5 million Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize to a nonprofit organization doing extraordinary work to reduce human suffering. From its inception, the Foundation has awarded more than $1 billion in grants, distributing in 2011 $82 million in the U.S. and around the world. The Foundation’s current assets are approximately $2.2 billion. For more information, please visit www.hiltonfoundation.org.
The Communications Coordinator reports to the Senior Manager, Communications and works with all departments on the Foundation’s communication activities, including internal and external publications, the website, writing and/or editing official Foundation documents, and special projects, as needed.
- Produce content for organizational materials and communications.
- Schedule and coordinate Foundation media relations.
- Maintain communications calendar and coordinate meetings.
- Monitor incoming emails, respond to inquiries, and field press requests.
- Provide assistance with Foundation events and presentations.
- Track and update communications budget.
- Manage and update Foundation contacts and mailing lists.
- Review and process invoices, credit card bills and travel reimbursement forms related to the Communications Department
- Facilitate communications across and among all departments.
- Work with vendors and consultants to oversee production of materials.
- Edit website content and post time-sensitive material.
- Update and maintain list of all documents on the website.
- Coordinate with other departments to keep track of revisions.
- Assist with maintenance of website, ensuring consistency and accuracy.
- Ensure proper functionality and make recommendations for improvements.
Assist the Senior Manager and other departments to maintain and increase the Foundation&r
- squo;s presence on social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Vimeo, LinkedIn, and Google+).
- Program content using third-party software and post updates when needed.
- Coordinate content across platforms, while ensuring consistency.
- Keep up-to-date on social media trends and adapt to new platforms.
Writing and Editing
- Write press releases for new grants and other relevant announcements.
- Work with colleagues in other departments for editorial content.
- Assist in writing, editing, and proofreading official Foundation documents.
- Edit materials for Board members and meetings.
- Prepare speech drafts for Foundation spokespersons.
- Assist with creation of Annual Report and other printed materials.
- Work with designers, photographers, and internal clients.
- Assemble materials for production of publications.
- Organize the Foundation's digital photo archive, historic photos, and videos.
- Interest in the Foundation's humanitarian mission and its goals and operations.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to think strategically to achieve goals.
- Strong project management skills; ability to multitask, organize and prioritize to stay within budget and on deadline.
- 3-5 years relevant experience, preferably within a public relations firm or nonprofit organization.
- Basic budget and accounting knowledge, including expense tracking and reporting
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint for PC
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite for PC
- Knowledge of HTML and CMS systems a plus
- Ability and willingness to learn and travel
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent with emphasis in English, communications, marketing, journalism, and/or computer science preferred.
A competitive compensation package is available, including a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary history by email to Human Resources at email@example.com. Please note "Communications Coordinator" in the subject line. No phone inquiries, please.
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool.