Posted on December 5, 2012
Managing Director, District and School Partnerships
Teach for America
Teach For America - Managing Director, District and School Partnerships
Teach For America*Greater New Orleans-Louisiana Delta is in a period of exciting regional change and impact as we strive to remain a collaborative and innovative partner in Louisiana's education reform initiatives. We seek a Managing Director, District & School Partnerships (MD,DSP) to set the vision and direction that ensures our wide array of regional partners in Greater New Orleans and the Louisiana Delta perceive us as an indispensible pipeline of talent and leadership for their schools and systems. The MD,DSP will define the strategy and oversee the execution (through management of a four-member team and partnership with other regional staff and community players) for the region's overall growth and corps member placement strategy, from how we matriculate and onboard corps members, through how we place and retain corps members, and then also how we measure teacher efficacy and generate actions and strategy as a result of our findings.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who loves systems and people management, collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve ambitious goals, and operating in an entrepreneurial and outcomes-oriented fashion. The Managing Director, District and School Partnerships will be a critical member of our regional Leadership Team and will report directly to the Vice President, Regional Management.
- Set vision and drive execution of strategies so that over 200 corps members across over 10 parishes in Greater New Orleans and northeast Louisiana matriculate to Teach For America, prepare for interview processes, and secure teaching jobs by the first day of school.
- Manage and continuously assess efficacy of the systems the region uses to capture and analyze hiring data from our corps members and hiring partners (e.g., schools, districts).
- Build future regional growth strategy by analyzing district and charter supply and demand for our corps members, mitigating risks that could diminish that demand, and leveraging opportunities that could increase it.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with corps members, staff members, and school and district hiring partners to maximize our ability to provide top-performing human capital to our placement partners.
- Manage a team of four to:
- Matriculate and onboard the region's incoming corps members in a timely and welcoming fashion
- Ensure corps members remain in compliance with charter networks', parishes', state, and Americorps certification requirements
- Build the relationships and manage the systems necessary to ensure the District & School Partnerships team secures hired positions for all corps members by the first day of school
- Demonstrated history of managing through multiple layers and strategically navigating a vast range of responsibilities to achieve ambitious results
- Proven interest and skill in building and leveraging relationships with a diverse collection of constituents to reach mutually beneficial outcomes
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management ability
- Track record of building enduring operational systems that increase project efficiency
- Ability to thrive in a goal-oriented, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment
Candidate Profile and Experience Prerequisites:
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 5-7 years of work experience is preferred
- Prior experience managing a team to achieve ambitious results is required
- Prior project-management experience is preferred
- A Teach For America alumnus is preferred, but not required
Application Requirements and Process:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter with your application.
To link directly to this job listing, please use the following addresshttp://teachforamerica.taleo.net/careersection/01/jobdetail.ftl?&job=12423
Benefits and Salary:
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity:
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
About Teach For America:
Teach For America is the national corps of top college graduates and professionals who commit to teach for two years in urban and rural public schools and become lifelong leaders in the effort to expand educational opportunity. Our mission is to build the movement to eliminate educational inequity by enlisting the nation's most promising future leaders in the effort.
To apply for this position, please go to: