Posted on December 20, 2012
Development Officer, Individual Giving
International Women's Health Coalition
International Women's Health Coalition - Development Officer, Individual Giving
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION:
- Collaborates with Director of Development in creating, and is responsible for implementing annual gala, including staffing of gala leadership team, managing corporate outreach, and liaising with Event Planner and IWHC’s Communications staff.
- Collaborates with Director of Development Director to plan, then manages and executes logistics for all other development events.
- Collaborates with Directors of Development and Communications and leads online fundraising efforts.
- Liaise with Communications/Advocacy and Policy Program staff to help maintain up-to-date presence on the internet.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
Annual Gala. Staffs Gala Leadership Committee, including IWHC Board members and top donors so that they effectively assist in fundraising:
- Coordinates gala fundraising by tracking invitation lists and outreach of gala leadership team, Board members, and staff.
- Manages mailings and seating.
- Collaborates with Director of Development and Communications staff on messaging, media, program, and web content.
- Manages gala timeline and schedules meetings.
- Collaborates with Development and Communications staff in order to prepare briefing notes and follow up for staff, board, and gala leadership team.
- Liaises with and oversees consultants, interns, vendors, and volunteers.
- Collaborates with Director of Development to design and implement gala follow-up plan. Works with Development Associate to ensure that data is captured in the database.
- Collaborates in strategic planning and executes all Individual Giving events in collaboration with the Director of Development and the Communications Program:
- Coordinates all elements of Individual Giving special events, including arranging venue and menus, developing invitations and event materials, and managing event program and follow-up.
- Generates creative ideas for event content (e.g. themes, speakers, gala honorees).
- Prepares materials for Leadership Council Committee meetings with the Development Associate.
- Collaborates with Communications staff on messaging, media, event program, and web content.
- Designs and implements event follow-up plan. Works with Development Associate to ensure that the appropriate data is captured in the database.
- Conducts research on individual and corporate donors and prospects that have the capacity to provide major gifts level support; analyze and compile information into detailed reports and briefings.
- Spearheads GlobalGiving campaign – drafting project in collaboration with Advocacy and Policy Program and Communications, posting online, various outreach, developing and implementing campaign calendar, approximately 1-2 times per year. Integrate campaigns into IWHC social media: website, blog, Twitter.
- Together with communications and development staff, conceives and help develop electronic solicitation materials and online events; ensure online campaigns and the IWHC Website (including online donation page) are optimally effective for online giving and donor communication.
- Stays abreast of developments in online giving, including legal issues, and strategize and implement online giving campaigns and systems.
- Manage supporter lists.
Media, Website and Electronic Maintenance and Publications
- Create & Send E-blasts to donors (i.e. Mother’s Day appeal, GlobalGiving emails).
- Add new supporters from events, conversations, meetings, etc. in Salsa and Raiser’s Edge.
- Manage production, editing and proofreading of IWHC donor outreach materials - electronic and print publications.
- Liaise with designers, copy editors, and printers to ensure accuracy and consistency of brand in written and visual communications for development purposes.
- Assist in the creation of annual reports.
Department Systems and Administration.
- With the Development Associate manages departmental systems and administration:
- Maintains reports and files related to gala fundraising. Processes department check requests, reimbursements and invoices related to events.
- Liaises with Finance staff; Development Officer, Institutional Giving; Development Associate; the Director of Development; and the President.
- Contributes to IWHC’s mission to promote, advocate and mobilize support for the advancement of sexual and reproductive rights and health, as well as contributing to the development and strengthening of the organization as a whole.
- Contributes as an active member of the Development department and IWHC.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years professional experience required, minimum of three years in fundraising and/or special events.
- Track record managing large fundraising events, including directly staffing the event committee.
- Outstanding office skills, including high proficiency with Microsoft Office and the Internet.
- Facility with content management and fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge required and Salsa experience a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff across an institution; strong team player with recognized leadership capacity, sense of humor, excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to build trust among team members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to communicate directly and effectively with others.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail, tolerant of some uncertainty; strong numeracy and problem solving skills, works well under pressure and multiple, competing demands.
- High level of productivity, initiative, creativity and excellent judgment.
- Self-motivated and able to function independently.
- Willingness to work long hours as needed, especially in weeks leading up to major events or activities.
- Passion for women’s health, reproductive rights, and/or international development a must.
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage expenditures for gala budget and all other events.
- Oversee consultants, vendors, and temporary staff as needed.
COMPENSATION: Highly competitive salary and excellent benefits, including generous vacation time, and no contribution for employee-only medical and dental coverage, among others.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 15, 2013
DESIRED START DATE: As soon as possible.
Send cover letter (including ref. #DOIG1212FC and salary requirements) and resume to: Liisa Sweet-Korpivaara @ fax 212-979-9009, or via email (in MS Word) to: email@example.com
We cannot respond to all inquiries—only candidates for consideration will be contacted. Regrettably we will not accept phone calls.
IWHC is an equal opportunity employer. IWHC strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual's race, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, HIV status or disability. This policy applies to all IWHC activities including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, discipline and discharge. We are committed to seeking qualified candidates who contribute to the diversity of the working environment.