Posted on April 10, 2012
Disability Rights California
Disability Rights California - Administrative Assistant
MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Join a progressive state-wide non-profit disability advocacy organization that is committed to the fight for the legal and human rights of people with disabilities. Disability Rights California is contracted with the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) to provide Clients’ Rights Advocacy services to Regional Center clients throughout California. There is one opening for an energetic and organized bilingual Administrative Assistant for the Kern Regional Center in Bakersfield. This is a part time (20 hrs/wk) opportunity with excellent benefits!
The following qualifications must be met:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish, both orally and in writing, including a working knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure.
- Education equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
- Minimum of one year of progressively responsible administrative or secretarial experience.
- Keyboard Proficiency: 45 words per minute.
- Experience using Microsoft Word or WordPerfect for Windows.
- Effective telephone skills, including the ability to handle difficult calls and situations patiently and tactfully.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work well under pressure, as well as understand and carry out oral and written instructions, with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Experience working with and/or sensitivity to persons with disabilities.
- Experience working with and/or sensitivity to persons from multi-ethnic communities.
- Valid California driver’s license and ability and willingness to drive (unless a disability related accommodation is required and can be reasonably provided).
NOTE: Applicants who claim to be fluent in Spanish will be tested at the time of interview and are required to pass a basic fluency test.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please do so by April 23, 2012. To view the detailed job description and complete the application process visit www.disabilityrightsca.org/jobs/jobs.htm
Job Line: 916-658-2659
NO RECRUITERS OR STAFFING AGENCIES