Posted on July 20, 2012
Director of Development, DC Region Program Office
Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship
Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship - Director of Development, DC Region Program Office
The NFTE NE Director of Development is responsible for assisting the NFTE DC Region Program Office Executive Director in the development and implementation of long- and short-term fundraising strategies to help the organization meet its annual goals. Primary fundraising activities include researching individual, foundation and corporate prospects, writing proposals, soliciting sponsors, submitting financial reports, planning and executing small and large fundraising events and maintaining a timely calendar. The Development Director will work closely with members of the program office and headquarters development team.
- Assist in development and implementation of the program office fundraising plan: including research of funding sources and building strategy
- Serve as a NFTE “sales person” to promote the organization and cultivate relationships with new, prospective donors (individuals, corporations, and foundations)
- Arrange and attend in-person meetings with donors and key stakeholders
- Write, submit, track and follow-up proposals and requests in an effort to raise funds for a variety of areas within the organization, including specific program support and general operating support
- Conduct spreadsheet analysis on budgets and revenue projections, as well as financial reports to donors
- Assist the Executive Director with board development and training
- Accountable for all donor relations and fundraising goals
- Build and maintain accurate records
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of electronic communication
- Participate in headquarters and local program, strategy, and regular staff meetings, as needed
- Assist with public relations (marketing and media) for key events and programs
- Conceive, plan and execute small cultivation/fundraising events throughout the year, as well as conceive, plan and execute one major fundraiser (gala) each year
- Assist with Youth Entrepreneurship Conference (January) and business plan competitions in the spring (in conjunction with Program Director)
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree a plus
- Minimum of two years relevant experience
- Thorough knowledge of DC Region
- Familiarity with building and enhancing relationships with corporations and foundations
- Team-oriented with a strong work ethic and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Leadership qualities and strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Excellent working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
- Essential to have worked in special events, marketing background a plus
- Experience in working with small non-profits and/or youth development and education organizations a plus
- Capacity to deal with ambiguity.
The Development Director position is full time, this is not a telecommuting position, and it reports to the Executive Director of the DC Region.
Salary: Competitive. Comprehensive benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with DC Development in the subject line
NFTE is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages women and underrepresented minorities to apply.
Visit our website, http://www.nfte.com for more information.