Posted on September 26, 2012
World Savvy - Executive Assistant
Summary: The Executive Assistant is chiefly responsible for assisting the Executive Director and Program Director in the performance of their duties including supporting the Programs and Development departments with various functions of the organization, including communications, project management support, and administrative coordination.
Schedule: Full Time
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Projected Start Date: no later than November 1, 2012
Application Deadline: open until position is filled
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Travel Requirements: Some travel may be required throughout the year
Responsibilities of the Executive Assistant include:
Manage executive calendars, expenses including accounts payable invoices and other administrative recordkeeping.
Manage travel for Executive Director and Program Director.
Assist with development and Board relations; including but not limited to Board meeting preparation and follow up, donor correspondence.
Represent the organization to external constituents as needed.
Support the Program Director with project management of the consulting and program implementation process; including coordination of schedules and workflow, as well as overall quality control of the Consulting Project Management cycle.
Manage complex project and consultant calendars and proactively schedule events and activities through an organized and thoughtful process, including prioritization, meeting details and preparation time.
Coordinate meetings with consultants and external clients.
Manage meeting and event planning to include in-person and remotely-managed meetings.
Organize team meetings, documents and other agendas in advance and circulate as appropriate.
Assist in daily tasks by screening phone calls, directing inquiries and by using sound judgment to schedule impromptu meetings as necessary.
Assume HR administration proxy responsibilities to include consultant management process, compliance tracking, contracts, time tracker, and Salesforce.
Review correspondence, contracts, reports, memos, and presentations, including proofreading and editing.
Will serve as resource for the office support team, communicating with and working with outside vendors when needed.
Provide support in creating and editing presentation materials for internal and external meetings.
General administrative tasks.
Other duties as requested by Executive or Program Director.
Candidates must have:
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to interact in a professional manner with all levels of team members, external clients, consultants and vendors.
- Proven relationship management skills.
- Documented advanced writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill and experience building strong work partnerships.
- Demonstrated advanced working knowledge of the entire Microsoft office software suite.
- Proven project management skills.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle urgent issues with discretion, and understand when to escalate appropriately.
- Demonstrated successful experience performing the following independently in a fast-paced environment: Prioritizing, problem solving, achieving results, attention to detail, and multitasking.
- Proven ability to integrate information from multiple sources into actionable outcomes.
- Demonstrated filing and organizational skills.
Knowledge of Salesforce and CRM technologies and best practices
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant experience working in a project support/project assistant or project coordination and/or facilitation capacity is essential.
Interested applicants, please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant” in the email subject line.