Posted on January 15, 2013
Catholic Charities - Archdiocese of NY
Archdiocese of NY - Development Assistant
The Development Assistant is to provide support services to the Office of Institutional Advancement/Development to ensure efficient operations for all fundraising initiatives by working directly with the Director of Institutional Advancement and other Development Staff.
The Development Assistant supports the Office of Institutional Advancement/Development to ensure efficient operations for all fundraising initiatives by effectively managing and overseeing the recording, data entry, acknowledgement and reporting of donations and donor account management. The position serves as liaison with certain other offices of Catholic Charities and the Archdiocese related to donor and donation record keeping and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as liaison for the Office of Institutional Advancement and the Archdiocese Data Center in overseeing the data entry of Catholic Charities constituents and contributions.
- Generate acknowledgements for all gifts generated in support of Catholic Charities including direct mail; web donations; events; and any other special solicitations and/ or activities throughout the year.
- Generate weekly, biweekly, and monthly reports to ensure that gifts are acknowledged and donations are properly entered.
- Generate lists for mailings, including solicitations, invitations and other special events and activities initiated by the department.
- Liaise between the Finance Department and Archdiocese Data Center regarding all gifts; web donations; and special event donations.
- Research the correct information, and assist with the cleaning and updating of any donor records on current database for all donors involved with Catholic Charities.
- Administer US Post Office account fees relating to Direct Mail and other departmental mailings.
- Manage and order all office supplies and SWAG as needed.
- Prepare all billing for payment through finance department. Keep files of vendor, bills and the tracking of expenses for year-end budget reports.
- Answer department phones and any questions pertaining to donor service needs.
- Maintain major donor files, foundation and corporate files, special event files, general development files, finance files and batch back up files.
- Assist with scheduling and administrative tasks that occur throughout the day for Director of Institutional Advancement when needed.
- Assist as needed with special events- tracking gifts and donors, phone calls, journal preparation, acknowledgements, etc.
- Due to nature of departmental work/events, on occasion some nights or weekends may be required.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Skills, Licenses, and/or Competencies Required:
- BA or related work experience.
- 1-3 years development/fundraising experience.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to maintain strict confidence of information without exception.
- Computer literate with working knowledge and experience with the latest version of Windows, Word, Excel and Raiser’s Edge database preferred.
Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
FAX: (212) 826-8795