Posted on January 20, 2013
Episcopal Social Services
Episcopal Social Services - Development Director
For almost 200 years, Episcopal Social Services (ESS), accredited by the Council on Accreditation, has helped meet the pressing needs of the vast numbers New York City’s disadvantaged. ESS has remained flexible in responding to the changing needs of the disadvantaged with an unchanging mission to help children, families and other individuals become independent and self‐sufficient, and to make the most of their opportunities and potential. Today ESS, through its multi‐site programs and services, meaningfully touches over 5,000 lives every year throughout all of New York City, with an emphasis on the South Bronx and Manhattan. ESS’s non-sectarian work focuses on strengthening children, families and adults through programs in foster care and adoption, early childhood education, after‐school initiatives, and group homes for developmentally disabled adults.
Reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Development Director will take charge of all fundraising activities and provide oversight of all development initiatives at ESS (including government, corporate, foundation, and individual donors). The Director will supervise a Development Associate and through oversight of this position will build a collaborative and strong internal team that is able to tackle all grant opportunities and annual proposals. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Substantially increasing revenue from the private sector.
- Managing the timeline, execution, monitoring, and assessment of fundraising plans.
- Managing all information using our CRM system. This includes the tracking of gift processing, volunteer hours, and fundraising data.
- Leading the RFP process for all revenue sources in collaboration with key stakeholders at the agency.
- Supporting all members of the Development Team in areas such as branding, event-planning, donor prospecting, and individual giving campaigns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 4+ years of experience in development
- Expert knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
- Prior grant-writing experience
- Significant writing experience
Please send your resume, three professional references, and a writing sample via e-mail. Be sure to indicate “Development Director” in the subject line. Please note that individuals selected for interview will be contacted directly. Phone solicitations will not be accepted – we regret that the volume of applicants does not permit us to speak with everyone individually. Principals only. Third party agencies are not welcome to solicit.