Posted on December 12, 2012
Director of Mental Health and Wellness
Rubicon Programs - Director of Mental Health and Wellness
AGENCY: Life is a journey that’s full of twists and turns, and we all need guidance along the way. For some of us, support comes from family and friends. And for many people in the Bay Area, that support comes from Rubicon.
Rubicon helps people facing some of life’s biggest challenges, such as recovering from mental illness and working to become financially independent. Guiding people to jobs, housing and health services, Rubicon finds support that’s right for each individual: the support that enables them to overcome life’s twists and turns and continue on the path of a healthy, productive life.
Rubicon is here to provide support along the journey to transform lives -- and bring positive change to Bay Area communities.
Rubicon’s mission is to prepare very low-income people to achieve financial independence and to partner with people with mental illness on their journey of recovery. Founded in 1973, Rubicon has a national reputation for excellence. Our social purpose business, Rubicon Landscape, beautifies commercial and public grounds throughout the Bay Area. Rubicon’s annual budget is $14M. More information is at rubiconprograms.org.
Rubicon’s Mental Health and Wellness annual budget is $3.25M. The division has approximately 40 employees and a longstanding clinical internship program. Recovery and resiliency are the cornerstones of Rubicon’s approach to mental health services.
The ideal candidate will exhibit intellectual curiosity, display a history of success working across sectors and demonstrate that Rubicon’s mission resonates with his/her own professional goals and background.
- Current professional licensure as MFT, LCSW, Ph.D. or equivalent;
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience developing, managing, and evaluating behavioral healthcare in community-based or outpatient primary care setting, preferably serving people who are low-income and have disabilities; must include managing grants and contracts and a minimum of five years of significant supervisory experience;
- Proven leadership ability: A proactive problem solving approach, interpersonal flexibility, excellent oral and written communication, including negotiating, presentation and facilitation skills; experienced at leading change, and a creative and innovative spirit;
- A working knowledge of agencies and services located in at least one of the Bay Area counties in which Rubicon operates, preferred:
- Bilingual Spanish/English skills highly desired;
- This position requires the incumbent to travel throughout the East Bay on a regular basis; a valid California driver’s license, clear driving record and proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage is required.
- Program Management & Development: Developing and implementing program goals and objectives; program compliance (Medi-Cal, HUD, HIPAA, licensure); departmental budget planning and management; quality assurance and risk mitigation (chart review and grievance/complaint systems and ensuring crisis intervention capacity for example);
- People Management & Development: Includes resource planning; managing department hiring, skills development and performance management; and supervision of direct reports;
- Funding: Includes monitoring industry trends and State and Federal budget priorities; pursuing funding opportunities; managing funding proposals and RFP responses; and providing required reports to funders;
- Liaison with county, private and public social service and mental health agencies; partnership development; participate in the development and implementation of agency policies and practices; serve on Executive Team and perform other duties as assigned.
- Executive Status Reporting: Opportunities, risks, unusual events, changes, progress against program goals & objectives;
* Indicates essential duties. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOURS: This is a full-time, exempt position.
HIRING RANGE: E11
Excellent benefits include health plans, paid vacation and sick leave, employer sponsored 403(b) plan.
NOTICE: This description is to be used as a guide only. It does not constitute a contract, commitment or promise of any kind. Rubicon reserves the right to change, add, delete, upgrade or downgrade the position as dictated by business necessity at any time with or without notice.
TO APPLY: Send us a Rubicon Applicant Tracking Form with either your resume or with a Rubicon Employment Application.
How to Obtain Forms
Visit our website:
Email, fax or mail your name, contact info and request to:
Rubicon Programs HR
2500 Bissell Avenue
Richmond, CA 94804
Visit us in person. Just ask at the front desk:
2500 Bissell Avenue, Richmond
or 1918 Bonita Street, Berkeley
Where to Submit
Send your completed Applicant Tracking Form (www.rubiconprograms.org/docs/Applicant_Tracking_Form_Data_Entry_2008.06.11.doc) with your resume or Employment Application (www.rubiconprograms.org/docs/Employment_Application_2008.04.30.pdf)
Rubicon Programs Inc.
2500 Bissell Avenue
Richmond, California 94804
Fax: (510) 412-9029
DEADLINE: This position is open until filled and may be closed at any time.
Rubicon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values diversity of culture and thought. We seek talented, qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, conviction history, uniform service membership/veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical conditions, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression regardless of physical gender, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Rubicon is using E-Verify to validate the eligibility of our new employees to work legally in the United States.