Posted on February 2, 2013
Director of Institutional Funding
Covenant House - Director of Institutional Funding
- Take a strong hands-on role in the development of government grants, as well as foundation and corporate proposals, and other written materials, to ensure high-quality product and timely submission.
- Work and strategize with Covenant House leadership to meet and exceed annual fundraising goals for institutional giving.
- Write letters of inquiry, grant proposals, reports and other related communications.
- Research and identify new sources of general operating and program-specific support.
- Act as official liaison between Covenant House and funding sources to ensure contractual compliance that includes programmatic and fiscal report.
- Facilitate site visits.
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum.
- 4-7 years experience working with various funding sources.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in grant writing.
- Knowledge of the funding community, and demonstrated skill in grant writing
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel in particular) and Power Point
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Personable, focused and be able to translate passion into compelling cases for support.
- Team player and be able to work with all levels of management.
- Flexible schedule for occasional weekend or evening events or deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet a demanding schedule of deadlines.
- Dedicated to the mission of Covenant House.
Please apply directly to Human Resources by
Fax: (212) 613-0358