Posted on June 18, 2013
Program Associate, Domestic Programs
Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
Conrad N. Hilton Foundation - Program Associate, Domestic Programs
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation was created in 1944 by international business pioneer Conrad N. Hilton, who founded Hilton Hotels and left his fortune to help the world's disadvantaged and vulnerable people. The Foundation currently conducts strategic initiatives in six priority areas: providing safe water, ending chronic homelessness, preventing substance abuse, helping children affected by HIV and AIDS, supporting transition-age youth in foster care, and extending Conrad Hilton's support for the work of Catholic Sisters. Following selection by an independent international jury, the Foundation annually awards the $1.5 million Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize to a nonprofit organization doing extraordinary work to reduce human suffering. From its inception, the Foundation has awarded more than $1 billion in grants, distributing $83 million in the U.S. and around the world in 2012. The Foundation's current assets are in excess of $2.2 billion. For more information, please visit www.hiltonfoundation.org.
The Program Associate will play a central role in coordinating the domestic grantmaking activities of the program department, provide program and administrative support to the domestic program team, and act as a liaison between program staff, grantees and external consultants. This position will work closely with the Sr. Program Officer in the Substance Abuse strategic initiative.
Coordinates the domestic grantmaking process to include reviewing proposals; assisting with board write-ups and presentation materials; monitoring grantee reports, contracts and payments; and preparing and maintaining correspondence.
Assists with proposal research, summaries and budgets during the review process.
Performs program related research and special projects as assigned.
Provides guidance to grantees and applicants on grant processes and procedures as requested.
Fields inquiries regarding proposed and funded programs.
Interfaces with grants management to comply with internal audit procedures, grant tracking procedures and grantmaking processes.
Coordinates external program related events such as meetings, conferences and presentations.
Undertakes projects and other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector, are required; a master’s degree is preferred.
- A passion for the Foundation’s mission and interest in its strategic initiatives and major program areas, particularly in substance abuse.
- An understanding of grantmaking and the nonprofit sector are highly desired.
- Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills with high attention to priority and detail.
- Works well independently and within a team and demonstrates a high degree of initiative, flexibility and collaboration.
- Ability to continually seek information and look for new approaches to processes and practices.
- Welcomes feedback as a means to personal and professional growth.
- Excellent computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database experience; familiarity with GIFTS or other grants management software is preferred.
A competitive compensation package is available, including a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary history by email to Human Resources at email@example.com. Please note “Program Associate, Domestic Programs” in the subject line. No phone inquiries, please.
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool.