Posted on June 27, 2012
Vice President, Communications
New York Women's Foundation
New York Womenís Foundation - Vice President, Communications
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Vice President (VP) of Communications must be a strategic thinker: someone who not only knows what to do but why it is being done. The VP helps shape the organizationís vision for its public engagements and align communications strategy with that vision. As a member of the senior management team, works collaboratively to shape high and low visibility communications strategies. The VP is responsible for integrating on-and offline, traditional and new media into short and long-term communications strategies for The Foundation. The VP directly manages communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization's brand reputation. In addition, the VP is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership. This individual will be an ambassador for the organization and will build relationships with the media. The VP of Communications will be responsible for The Foundationís varied and integrated communications products and services as well as building, mentoring and supervising a team of communications specialists.
Candidates for this job will have executive level experience in communications, marketing, public affairs/public relations and or media relations in a corporate, nonprofit or political setting. Ideally the candidate will have a professional history that includes:
- Experience in recruiting, hiring and building communications teams
- Managing resources Ė people, time and money
- Developing and implementing strategies that leverage traditional and digital media
- Demonstrated facility for understanding, interpreting and messaging aspirational and political values as well as policy, data, and other technical materials
- An understanding of the intersection of marketing, paid and free media and an ability to develop and implement coordinated strategies
- Developing written, audio and visual content
- Editorial oversight
- Building systems as well as relationships that enable and encourage collaboration
- Experience as a spokesperson
Please respond to email@example.com.
Deadline: July 31, 2012.