Posted on September 20, 2012
Jessie Ball duPont Fund
Jessie Ball duPont Fund - Program Officer
The Jessie Ball duPont Fund seeks a Jacksonville, Florida-based program officer to assist with the Fund's grantmaking programs in Delaware and nearby states.
The program officer works with the president and senior vice president to carry out the Jessie Ball duPont Fund's grantmaking programs. The position requires an ability to critically evaluate proposals and program concepts; a capacity to learn quickly; and strong writing, research, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
Bachelor’s degree; advanced professional degree optional. Five to seven year’s professional experience.
An ability to act as a programmatic generalist, to be a “quick study” in different program areas; excellent oral and written communication skills; strong skills in research, evaluation and critical thinking; high ethical standards; ability to travel frequently; ability to work as part of a small team; an ability to work with people from a variety of walks of life in a human but professional manner; an ability to set priorities; and possessing a good sense of humor.
An understanding of the role of philanthropy in the life of the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The program officer’s primary responsibility is to assist the president and senior vice president in developing and implementing the Jessie Ball duPont Fund’s grantmaking program, with specific lead responsibility for working with roughly 100 organizations eligible to receive grant support from the Jessie Ball duPont Fund located in the states of Delaware, Maryland, New York, and Pennsylvania. Responsibilities include:
- re-grant review and critique of proposals;
- evaluation of performance of past grants;
- research into program areas of current or potential interest to the Fund;
- activities necessary to accomplish the above, including site visits, written reports, oral presentations, literature searches, coordination of consultants, tracking key state-level public policies, meeting key policy makers and other funders;
- other tasks as assigned by the president and/or senior vice president.
How to Apply:
Please send a letter of interest, a current resume and the names of three references to
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. October 12, 2012.
The Jessie Ball duPont Fund is an equal opportunity employer.