Posted on June 21, 2012
National Institute for the Psychotherapies
National Institute for the Psychotherapies - Executive Director
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for overall management and operation of the National Institute for the Psychotherapies (NIP).
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors, and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
The Executive Director will:
1. Provide leadership in developing organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board.
2. Collaborate with Program Directors and Committee Chairs in carrying out the responsibilities of their programs and committee functions with an emphasis on marketing and fundraising.
In relations with staff, the Executive Director will:
1. Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all paid staff.
2. Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held and that sound human resource practices are in place.
3. Oversee the office staff so that there is positive working environment and make sure that the office staff is providing the necessary support to the program directors and Board members.
In budget and finance, the Executive Director will:
1. Work closely with the CPA and Finance Committee to develop and maintain sound financial practices and to prepare the annual budget, ensuring that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
Successful experience in general management, marketing, strategic planning and financial management is required. Candidates need to understand the complex issues facing not for profit educational institutions and the need to grow an institute with limited financial resources .An undergraduate degree is required, and the attainment of an advanced degree is preferred. Must be able to think strategically about NIP’s priorities and help to translate these priorities into program and staff recruitment and related fundraising activities. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Review of resumes will begin immediately. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Please no telephone calls.