Posted on October 23, 2012
Project Coordinator, Common Justice
Vera Institute of Justice
Vera Institute of Justice - Project Coordinator, Common Justice
Common Justice is the newest demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice. The project is a victim service program and participatory justice alternative for serious and/or violent felony cases such as assault, burglary, and robbery. The project brings 16-24-year olds responsible for crimes together with those they have harmed and their support people in a facilitated dialogue to determine appropriate sanctions to take the place of a prison sentence. The project engages and prepares all parties, convenes the dialogues, and provides supervision and support to both those harmed and those responsible for crime. It aims to meet the needs of people harmed by crime, prevent further violence, and improve satisfaction with the justice system.
The Vera Institute of Justice is a private, non-profit organization that combines expertise in research, demonstration projects, and technical assistance to help leaders in government and civil society improve the systems people rely on for justice and safety. Vera is dedicated to making government policies and practices more fair, humane, and efficient.
The project seeks an enthusiastic, organized, responsible person with excellent communication skills to assist the Director in running the demonstration project. The Project Coordinator will help manage the day-to-day operations of the project, including but not limited to: preparing grant proposals and reports, researching funding opportunities, managing data and data tracking systems, tracking and assessing program outcomes, managing budgets and invoicing, attending trainings in the field, developing program materials, supporting program staff in their work with participants, managing the administrative needs of the project and the office, conducting research and literature reviews, and contributing to the development of the model.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Experience working in the non-profit sector (2 years or more preferred)
- Experience managing and analyzing data and program outcomes
- Experience managing budgets and invoicing preferred
- Proficiency in MS Excel and web-based databases such as Sales force
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Experience conducting research and literature reviews
- College or advanced degree
- Formerly incarcerated people strongly encouraged to apply
- Serious commitment to social justice required
Commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits.
Please submit cover letter and resume.
Online submission is preferred.
However, if necessary, materials may be mailed or faxed to:
ATTN: Human Resources/CJ Project Coordinator recruitment
Vera Institute of Justice
233 Broadway, 12th Flr.
New York, NY 10279
Fax: (212) 941-9407
Please use only one method of submission (online, mail or fax).
No phone calls, please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Vera Institute of Justice values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about Vera and the work of Common Justice, please visit our website, www.vera.org.