Posted on October 25, 2012
Ford Foundation - Investment Accountant
Responsible for all day to day activities relating supporting the Foundation’s internally and externally managed portfolios. Reconciliation of cash and securities trading and settlement activity, pricing of fixed income securities, entering and reporting of trades and fund movements into custodian’s online system. Will be the primary point of contact between the Foundation and the Foundation’s custodian. Responsible for the timely production and distribution of daily portfolio activity reports to internal Foundation stakeholders. Initiate and reconcile movement of cash and securities ensuring Foundation policies are followed for all activities.
With the Director, Investment Accounting, will engage in analysis of investment funds, due diligence on alternative investments, financial statement and tax structure analysis, and accounting for various transaction types for operating, accounting, custody and reporting purposes. Assists Accounting and Investment Division in analyzing and implementing new investment transactions into portfolio. Ensures custodian records correct and most updated Net Asset Values for the Foundation’s alternative investment funds. Responsible for maintaining the Foundation’s internal database of Program Related Investments (PRIs), calculation of principal and interest accruals and payments, and production of periodic invoices to PRI recipients. Will assist Director, IA in varied projects relating to the investment portfolio as well as other special projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or other related field.
- The candidate will have approximately 3 - 6 years’ experience in a diversified investment fund, large family office, Foundation, Fund of Funds, or similar large entities with extensive and varies global investment holdings and activity.
- The candidate will be a self-starter and able to work without constant direct supervision.
- Will have an exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to consistently meet tight deadlines including a strict daily and monthly reporting schedule.
- The candidate will have a working knowledge of the investment process, pricing, and accounting for asset classes including Fixed Income, MBS, FX, Equities, and especially alternative investments such as Hedge Funds, Venture Capital, Real Estate, and Private Equity funds.
- Familiarity with General Ledger systems such as Great Plains will be helpful.
To apply please visit www.fordfoundation.org/employment to submit your cover letter, and resume.