Posted on October 21, 2012
Assistant Grants Manager
New York Academy of Medicine
New York Academy of Medicine - Assistant Grants Manager
The New York Academy of Medicine advances the health of people in cities. An independent organization since 1847, NYAM addresses the health challenges facing the world's urban populations through interdisciplinary approaches to policy leadership, education, community engagement and innovative research.
Drawing on the expertise of diverse partners worldwide and more than 2,000 elected Fellows from across the professions, our current priorities are:
- To create environments in cities that support healthy aging
- To strengthen systems that prevent disease and promote the public's health
- To implement interventions that eliminate health disparities
Summary and Description
This position reports to the Director of Grants and Contracts and works closely with NYAM’s Business Office and the Office of the Senior Vice President for Finance & Administration. It is responsible for assisting with grants management for various divisions of The New York Academy of Medicine (NYAM) as needed. Responsibilities include tracking, analyzing and maintaining grant budget vs. actual results, managing sub-contracts and consulting agreements, preparing invoices, making database entries regarding grant proposals and awards, managing purchasing, processing accounts payable and other related administrative and financial duties as assigned. Grants management experience including excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills, and an ability to work in a team oriented environment are essential, along with an ability to foster cooperative relationships among NYAM staff and external funders and research collaborators. Accounting knowledge preferred. Strong attention to detail is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with overall financial grant management, compilation of budget and expenditure data and generation of financial and progress reports while assuring
- completeness and accuracy consistent with external and internal compliance requirements
- Enter information to NYAM database, maintain database records and reports
- Maintain, balance and reconcile grants to NYAM’s accounting system
- Invoice and track balance receivable/payable with collaborating institutions
- Process check and petty cash requests
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with NYAM departments on all aspects of grant administration by assisting with preparation of budgets, budget justification and related components of grant proposals, continuation applications and preparation materials for donors and collaborators
- Respond to donors and collaborators requests for materials
- Assist with processing of subcontract and consultant agreements
- Maintain grants associated filing system including contractors, subcontractors, consultants and vendors
- Performing other duties as assigned
Prior financial and grants management experience with Federal, State and City government grants as well as Foundation grants. Knowledge of Circular 122 federal expenditure guidelines and Circular A-133 audit compliance requirements. Familiarity with FSR filing procedures, Grants.gov, eRA commons and various electronic reporting procedures including FFR/FSR, and eSNAP. Accounting knowledge preferred. Knowledge of Sage MIP Accounting system preferred. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, computer and communication skills. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, computer and communication skills required.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years experience within a grants management environment (academic medical institution or not-for-profit organization in the scientific/health sector preferred).
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Assistant Grants Manager" in subject line.
For more information, visit our website: www.nyam.org.
The New York Academy of Medicine is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.