Posted on October 26, 2012
Senior Philanthropic Advisor
Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco
Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco - Senior Philanthropic Advisor
The Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties is a non-profit philanthropic organization dedicated to catalyzing and sustaining a vibrant Jewish community. Federation supports those in need, deepens engagement in Jewish life, and strengthens the bonds among Jews in the Bay Area, in Israel, and around the world. Our primary functions are financial resource development and grant-making.
Senior Philanthropic Advisor/Major Gifts Officer
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer of the Jewish Community Federation, the Senior Philanthropic Advisor/Major Gifts Officer(SPA/MGO) will manage his/her own portfolio of major gift prospects and donors and be charged with identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding prospects and donors in the Federation Service Area. The SPA will work closely with the Chief Development Officer and senior staff to implement a donor-centric model of philanthropy whereby donor interests are matched with community needs through a suite of services including donor advised funds, opportunities for planned giving, annual giving, and other philanthropic vehicles. The SPA will also help develop strategies for fundraising, outreach programs, and events in the Federation Service Area.
The Senior Philanthropic Advisor-Major Gifts Officer initiates and sustains relationships with assigned donors regarding their full range of philanthropic goals and will be supported by planned giving specialists on staff. The SPA serves as a leadership level fundraiser within a diverse development environment which includes a significant community endowment, donor-involved vehicles, and annual giving. This high profile position will work with our highest level donors, most senior volunteers, and staff at all levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree in the field of Jewish Communal Service (or comparable field) desired.
- Major Gift Officer with successful fundraising experience including direct solicitation of five and six figure gifts.
- Experience in a multi-faceted fundraising environment (major gifts, planned gifts, donor advised vehicles) desired.
- Exceptional donor-relations skills: proven ability in creating strategies to cultivate prospects and channel donor engagement.
- Strong knowledge of planned giving vehicles desired.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and meet objectives and performance standards.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for the Jewish community, its customs and practices.
- Proven track record of success with fundraising systems and prospect identification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a highly motivated goal-oriented team environment.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org