Posted on January 8, 2013
Senior Staff Accountant
Fort Mason Center
Fort Mason Center - Senior Staff Accountant
Fort Mason Center (FMC) is seeking an experienced Senior Staff Accountant. FMC is a dynamic waterfront destination for thought-provoking programs, events, and organizations which support and reflect the evolving cultural fabric of San Francisco. FMC is a national historic landmark and a partner of the National Park Service’s (NPS) Golden Gate National Recreation Area. FMC has been economically self-sustaining for over three decades.
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining and analyzing accounting records, preparing accounting schedules and reports, and managing accounts payable and payroll. The position is full-time and reports to the Director of Finance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and reviews purchase orders and check requests
- Accurately codes invoices
- Verifies that each invoice includes proper approval and backup
- Enters A/P batches into Microsoft Dynamics
- Researches and answers vendor inquiries
- Processes weekly check runs
- Maintains and reconciles A/P sub-ledger
- Prepares audit schedule
- Maintains vendor files
- Prints and distributes bi-weekly time cards
- Makes adjustments to time cards as necessary
- Inputs time card information into the payroll software
- Maintains accurate records of accrued PTO hours
- Generates 401k and 457b reports
- Manages payments for union fees, garnishments, etc.
- Prepares daily bank deposits
- Manages Commuter Checks ordering
- Manages EDD inquiries
- Prepares quarterly TLC report for payment
- Assists the Director of Finance in benefit enrollment, new hire and term paperwork
- Assists the Director of Finance in annual budget development
- Acts as A/R backup as needed
- Other projects as deemed necessary
- Minimum 2 year related experience
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Microsoft Dynamics experience a plus
Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Competitive base salary and attractive benefits package.
Interested and qualified candidates, please send a resume, with cover letter, in confidence to this listing: email@example.com
Fort Mason Center is an equal-opportunity employer.
NO CALLS PLEASE