Posted on January 4, 2013
New York Academy of Medicine
New York Academy of Medicine - Payroll Coordinator
This position is responsible for managing the payroll and purchasing functions for NYAM, including processing bi-weekly payroll for a staff of approximately 110 employees, both salaried and hourly-paid. The incumbent will also assist in the purchasing policy and processing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Performs other duties as assigned)
- Processes, enters and verifies bi-weekly payroll, including exceptions for salaried staff, recording of time worked for hourly and part-time staff and calculation of overtime for non-exempt staff.
- Enters tax data, deductions and direct deposit information for new hires. Makes changes to this information as requested by staff.
- Processes terminations and final vacation payouts.
- Verifies all pay rates and personal data entered by Human Resources.
- Verifies and enters all garnishment data, responds to unemployment and disability claims.
- Enters annual changes to benefit deductions, including medical, dental and flexible spending plans.
- Verifies and records annual group term life amounts.
- Responsible for the quarterly and annual reconciliation of all tax data related to Form 941 filings.
- Coordinates the preparation and reconciliation of annual W-2s in conjunction with ADP.
- Assists with annual preparation of salary and benefit data for Form 990.
- Maintains records of employee vacation and sick leave usage and accrual.
- Prepares and records AMEX corporate card expenditures.
- Maintains electronic time and attendance system
- Oversee selected purchasing functions, including assisting in the implementation and operational administration of new electronic purchasing system.
- Prepares reports as required.
- Orders supplies for the Business Office.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum 5 years’ experience in payroll processing. Experience with ADP/PayExpert is required. Experience with ADP Reporting is highly desirable. Must have knowledge of taxes, deductions, garnishments and related payroll calculations. Familiarity with general purchasing procedures, processing and electronic systems required. Some experience with general accounting systems and/or bookkeeping is preferred. Knowledge of MIP and prior experience purchasing systems desirable. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include "Payroll Coordinator" in subject line.