Posted on October 13, 2012
International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission
International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission - Grant Officer
The International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC), a 22-year-old international human rights organization headquartered in New York and with staff in three regions, seeks a full-time Grants Officer for our New York Office.
The Grants Officer reports to the Director of Development and is responsible for all communication between IGLHRC and our institutional funders, particularly foundations and government bureaus.
- Draft all grant proposals, reports, log frames, and letters of inquiry.
- Collaborate with program staff on project-specific proposals, reports and letters of inquiry.
- Develop a deep understanding of IGLHRC’s projects to successfully match donor interests with project funding needs.
- Coordinate deliverables from all departments and submit all deliverables to funders.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact with foundation program officers for all grant administration issues.
- Research new sources of potential foundation, corporate and government funding.
- Maintain grants calendar and deliverable timelines, as well as paper and electronic files.
- Work closely with the Director of Development.
Preparation and Knowledge
- A bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrate three to five years’ experience of successfully writing (and managing) five- and six-figure grants.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail and follow-through.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills, ability to multi-task.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Demonstrated interest in LGBT issues, Human Rights, and International Affairs.
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet research.
E-mail a cover letter detailing your work on specific grants and their sizes, explaining how your skills and experience fit this position, salary range, and a resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Grants Officer - IGLHRC in the subject line.
IGLHRC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. People of Color and transgender/gender-variant individuals are encouraged to apply.