Posted on August 9, 2012
Coalition Against Trafficking in Women
Coalition Against Trafficking in Women - Executive Assistant
The Coalition Against Trafficking in Women (CATW) is seeking an experienced, full-time Executive Assistant to the Executive Director in our New York City office. The Executive Assistant will provide multifaceted support to the Executive Director (ED).
- Manage a large volume of daily email correspondence on behalf of the ED with a focus on systems of prioritization.
- Manage the ED’s calendar and ever-changing schedule.
- Persistent and effective follow-through to ensure deadlines are met.
- Arrange domestic and international travel.
- Ability to anticipate how to streamline ED’s day-to-day activities.
- Bookkeeping via QuickBooks.
- Produce and distribute meeting agendas and minutes.
- Coordinate volunteers.
- Office management: mail and phone correspondence, respond to requests for information, coordinate outside vendors, maintain filing system, and monitor and maintain office supplies inventory.
- Additional tasks as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an entry-level position to a program position. Candidate must have previous experience as an executive assistant. Duties may require after-hours support and occasional after-hours activities. This is an excellent opportunity to support and strengthen a high functioning ED of an international women’s human rights organization.
- Previous executive assistant experience.
- Excellent grammar and writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to organize others.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Highest level of attention to detail in all matters.
- Ability to multitask and work accurately in fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional knowledge and experience working with both PC and Mac computers, Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks.
- Creative and innovative in approach to supporting and strengthening the ED.
- The ability to take a proactive approach to tasks and work with minimal supervision.
- Highly motivated, quick learner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is crucial.
Salary commensurate with experience, mid to high 30’s. Generous benefits package included. References required.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume and writing sample to:firstname.lastname@example.org.