Posted on August 11, 2012
LIVE OUT LOUD
Live Out Loud - Program Manager
Who We are
Live Out Loud, a nonprofit organization in NYC providing educational programming, workshops and scholarships benefiting Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Queer (LGBTQ) youth, is seeking a full time Youth Program Manager.
The Program Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and will be responsible for the creation, coordination and implementation of all educational curriculum and programming for the organization. Working closely with the Executive Director, the incumbent will create, organize and coordinate a variety of programming that includes high school programs, community-wide programs, workshops and panel discussions delivered primarily at tri-state area high schools and colleges, including a scholarship program. This person will have the opportunity to make a significant, positive impact on the lives of LGBTQ students by creating quality programming and building collaborative relationships with local school administration, students and prominent LGBTQ leaders in the NYC area. The successful candidate will have a commitment to the mission of Live Out Loud and a track record of the creation and execution of high-quality programming in the non-profit sector.
- Create innovative educational curriculum and workshops that would be delivered to high schools throughout the year as well as monthly community-wide events.
- Create and establish partnerships with high schools to deliver Live Out Loud programs on a monthly basis as well as devise marketing and outreach strategies to expand programs throughout tri-state area.
- Cultivate and establish relationships with teachers, administrators, student organizations at tri-state area highs schools, colleges, and community based organizations.
- Coordinate production of each program, including promotional materials, email blasts, venue logistics, catering, volunteers as well as securing the right speakers for each program.
- Responsible for working with speakers on their remarks and talking points.
- Establish and coordinate program committee that will focus on program development, school & student outreach, marketing & publicity and social media updates.
- Secure, train and develop youth organizers and educational interns.
- Track and evaluate impact of programs on students and schools, monitoring and disseminating data on program performance to Executive Director.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience in education, social work, or youth development
- Proven project management skills
- Experience with community organizing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Marketing experience
- Strategic planning
- Knowledge of and passion for LGBT community and issues
- Possesses strong networking skills
- Must be detail oriented, extremely organized, able to multi-task
- Must be proactive, self-starter with outstanding administrative skills.
Additional Helpful Experience:
- Volunteer management
- Data and assessment analysis skills
- Graduate degree in education, social work, or related field
We offer a highly competitive salary, health benefits after 3 months, 2 weeks vacation, 10 paid holidays, 3 sick days, 3 personal days, Summer Fridays (off every other Friday), Off Christmas week.
Send cover letter, resume and reference in one document.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should submit a detailed cover letter and resume demonstrating how you meet or exceed each minimum qualification and describing generally their relevant special knowledge, skills and abilities. Submit your materials via e-mail or mail to: email@example.com Please clearly indicate Youth Program Manager in the subject line of the e-mail. If you prefer, you can mail your application materials to us at: Human Resources, Live Out Loud, 570 7th Avenue, 9th Fl., New York, NY 10018
No resumes considered without a cover letter.
Please - No phone calls.
Include 3 references with their email and phone #.
Also include salary history.
To learn more about Live Out Loud, please visit our website at: www.liveoutloud.info