Posted on July 3, 2012
Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship
Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship - Program Manager
NFTE, the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship with global headquarters based in New York City, is seeking a Program Manager.
The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is an IRS approved 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship's mission is to provide programs that inspire young people from low-income communities to stay in school, to recognize business opportunities and to plan for successful futures.
A Program Manager of the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is responsible for promoting, implementing, and supporting NFTE’s experiential curriculum and quality, successful youth entrepreneurship in-school programs. This is achieved by developing relationships with educators, including principals, teachers and volunteers and collaborating with NFTE staff. It is also expected that the Program Manager will work directly with low-income and minority youth through the in-school programs and summer BizCamps, in addition to participating in necessary fundraising activities. Program Managers must also initiate programs that recognize and respond to both new and experienced NFTE teachers.
- Implement regional support services for NFTE-trained teachers to build their business knowledge and skills in teaching career exploration and entrepreneurship experientially.
- Research, package and disseminate entrepreneurship and teaching resources
- Conduct regular program site visits to meet with NFTE-trained teachers to provide direct support to sites
- Coordinate teacher meetings, facilitating best-practices sharing among NFTE-trained teachers
- Act as an instructional coach and mentor to teachers helping to develop pacing guides and lesson plans and deliver the NFTE curriculum
Coordinate with Program Director to develop improvement plans for teacher effectiveness to ensure the highest quality teaching occurs
Assist with the development of teacher trainings and workshops to support and improve teacher effectiveness
Work with school’s administration and teachers to build and grow the NFTE program quality and consistency.
Utilize tools to track program and teacher performance and evaluation and document qualitative and quantitative program features.
Maintain individual NFTE program information in school summary logs and data collection trackers, creating a consistent process of tracking results and documentation of program progress and success
Manage program logistics such as teacher advances, stipends, and program implementation status.
- Collect and track all program information and expenses, and prepare information for internal and external reporting.
- Oversee program budget allocations, organize site visits, create program reports and identify funding needs.
Identify and meet with administrators and teachers at potential new program sites to discuss and grow the NFTE program
Collaborate with the NFTE Volunteer Services to coordinate the interaction between volunteers and students both in and outside of the classroom.
Collaborate with the NFTE Alumni Services to refer students to post-NFTE program business support services.
Collaborate with headquarters and program offices to capture and share best practices.
Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree a plus.
- At least 3 years experience in a school environment as a teacher and/or previous experience working with teachers is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to interact effectively with various constituents including school administrators, teachers and NYC Department of Education staff
- A demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically to build new NFTE program sites
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively, display leadership and organizational skills, and be able to manage multiple projects.
- High standards of excellence and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Strong passion for improving public schools and for increasing the opportunities for low-income students
- Strong organizational and time management skills and detail orientation required
- Strategic planning and implementation as well as project management experience.
- Familiarity with business concepts.
- Customer service orientation desirable.
Capacity to deal with ambiguity.
The Program Manager position is full-time and reports to the Executive Director.
Salary: Competitive. Comprehensive benefits.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with NYM Program Manager in the subject line.
NFTE is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages women and underrepresented minorities to apply.
Visit our website, http://www.nfte.com for more information.