Posted on December 19, 2012
Membership Sales Assistant
Asian Art Museum
Asian Art Museum - Membership Sales Assistants
Do you like working in a job with people, art, and interaction? Connect with a wide variety of art lovers from the Bay Area and around the world!
The Asian Art Museum is seeking outgoing and resourceful individuals with exceptional customer service skills to assist on an as needed basis during our upcoming exhibition: China’s Terracotta Warriors: The First Emperor’s Legacy. The Membership Sales Assistants, working primarily in the admissions area of the museum, will be the first point of contact for visitors. He/she will meet and greet members as well as promote and sell memberships to potential members.
The ideal candidates will be able to approach visitors and make a persuasive appeal for joining. As ambassadors for the museum, they will demonstrate a consistently positive, engaging, and professional presence while interacting with a broad range of staff, volunteers, and visitors.
Examples of Duties
- Provide membership information to members and potential members
- Assist current members with admission
- Resolve problems and potential problems calmly and professionally
- Proactively explain membership categories and benefits to potential members in a clear and engaging manner
- Answer inquiries from visitors on the benefits of membership
- Perform monetary transactions for membership and ticket sales accurately
- Assist other admissions staff as needed with membership questions
- Assist with clerical duties and membership event preparation
Assignments will vary in hours and frequency, based on operational needs. Typical shifts will be between the hours of 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Some shifts may include evening hours (until 9:30 p.m.) based on museum schedule and operating needs
- High school diploma, college degree a plus
- One (1) year of related work experience in customer service and/or sales, work in a museum or other non-profit setting a plus
- Solid computer skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; courteous, helpful, efficient, and persuasive; good judgment, tact, and sense of humor
- Accurate and detail-oriented; conscientious, flexible team player; punctual, honest, reliable
- Ability to effectively and enthusiastically communicate membership information to museum visitors; represent the museum and its activities and programs in a positive, proactive manner
- Ability to make cash transactions accurately and reliably; process credit card and check payments
- Available to work weekends and evenings on an as needed basis; maximum flexibility required
$14.12 per hour
± The Asian Art Museum is one of the largest museums in the Western world devoted exclusively to Asian art and culture. Home to more than 17,000 works of art from over 40 Asian countries, we strive to be a catalyst for discovery, dialogue, and inspiration. With Asia as our lens and art as our cornerstone, we spark connections across cultures and through time, igniting curiosity, conversation, and creativity.±
The Asian Art Museum embraces diversity in its mission, programs, and staff.
Apply online at http://www.bitly.com/RuC3zY
Send a letter of interest and resume ASAP to:
Asian Art Museum
200 Larkin Street
San Francisco, CA 94102