Posted on August 10, 2012
Research and Evaluation Manager
Single Stop USA
Single Stop USA - Research and Evaluation Manager
Single Stop USA's Research and Evaluation Manager will report to the Vice President of Programs and will supervise two part-time staff members and possibly one intern. The Research and Evaluation Manager will be in charge of leading Single Stop’s research and evaluation efforts.
The Research and Evaluation Manager will lead the research and evaluation team at Single Stop USA and work closely with program staff on using data to measure progress and report on outcomes. The research and evaluation team is located within the program department and is responsible for managing/analyzing data; producing reports for funders, the Board of Directors and the public; defining Single Stop’s approach for measuring and valuing its work; and coordinating/overseeing third-party evaluations.
Manage relationships with third-party evaluators, data departments at colleges, and other parties as needed;
Oversee and provide direction for third-party evaluations, provide feedback on materials prepared by third-party evaluators;
Develop, design and coordinate future third-party evaluation projects;
Help the organization think strategically about research and evaluation findings;
Support relationships with funders and partners and manage conversations related to data, metrics and evaluation.
Data Analysis and Reporting
Provide high-level guidance on how Single Stop measures and values its work;
Conduct analyses of Single Stop’s data on program outcomes and demographics of Single Stop clients to help inform the model;
Oversee the preparation of presentations and reports for funders, Board, program staff and policymakers analyzing data and presenting results in table, chart and graphical form;
Coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual reports on progress and outcomes;
Pull data as requested for meetings, presentations, proposals and reports; prepare narratives and reports summarizing findings;
Provide direction on ways to improve data tracking and reporting capabilities;
Refine and improve data and reporting trainings for program staff and site coordinators;
Supervise the compiling, cleaning and auditing of data from sites and providers.
- Coordinate interdepartmental research staff; oversee the preparation of monthly briefs and quarterly staff presentations;
- Manage research efforts including: monitoring reports, information, and news relevant to Single Stop; providing updates on findings and statistics for Development and other departments; ensuring that research is up to date;
- Conduct literature reviews and draft reports and memos as needed;
- Provide ideas, tools and resources to empower staff to conduct research;
- Research, develop, and support Single Stop’s efforts to create and refine metrics for the benefits and services that Single Stop helps clients access.
Management and Decision Making
- Help senior management team prioritize research and evaluation efforts;
- Provide guidance on all decisions relate to data, research and evaluation;
- Supervise two part-time staff members and possibly one intern.
- Commitment to Single Stop USA’s mission.
- Masters degree or higher in economics, sociology, public policy or other social science field required.
- Experience working in a data/evaluation role at a nonprofit.
- Expertise in and knowledge of issues related to community colleges, poverty, human/social services, public benefits, tax credits, and other related areas.
- Experience with statistics and quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Experience working with third-party evaluators preferred.
- Ability to establish priorities and make decisions.
- Entrepreneurial, flexible and ability to be self-guided.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete multiple task requirements simultaneously.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must have computer software skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook. Knowledge of Access highly preferred.
- Knowledge of STATA preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Research and Evaluation Manager" in the subject line.
Single Stop USA is an equal opportunity employer.