Posted on February 11, 2013
Rental Events Coordinator
Asian Art Museum
Asian Art Museum - Rental Events Coordinator
The Asian Art Museum's Facility Rental Department is seeking a dependable, diplomatic individual with strong interpersonal and communications skills, to serve as a Rental Events Coordinator on an AS NEEDED basis.
The Coordinator will be one of several individuals working on an as-needed basis to oversee private rental events held in the museum. He/she will serve as the official on-site representative of the museum to clients, event planners, vendors, caterers, and as the point of contact for internal museum departments.
The Asian Art Museum is a magnificent venue which is made available for private corporate or social events after visiting hours on weekdays and weekends. Occasionally events may be held during office hours. The duration of an event varies from 4 to 10 hours. For more information about the museum as an events venue visit www.asianart.org/facilityrentals.htm
The Coordinator will:
- be present onsite during the event, from set up to tear down;
- monitor pre-event load-in and set-up by all event vendors including caterers, production companies, entertainment, etc.;
- understand and stay updated about museum guidelines regarding use of the facilities, guest safety, and rules for the protection of art; ensure planner and vendor compliance with these venue guidelines;
- coordinate with other museum departments, i.e. building maintenance, security, and janitorial, to ensure client and vendor needs are addressed;
- monitor load-out, oversee cleanup, and sign out vendors after the event has ended.
- At least one (1) year of related work experience in events management or in the event services industry. Venue specific training will be provided.
- Able to work evening and weekends as needed; maximum flexibility required.
- Ability to deal effectively, tactfully, and courteously with museum clients, vendors, the general public, and planners; promote and maintain good relations between the museum, vendors, and clients.
- Ability to give instructions and direction to others; interpret and explain museum policies and procedures.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to demonstrate sound judgment; work well under pressure; successfully handle multiple, conflicting priorities.
- Punctual, dependable, and conscientious; reliable and trustworthy; detail-oriented.
- Able to lift 25 lbs.
$18.06 per hour
* The Asian Art Museum is one of the largest museums in the Western world devoted exclusively to Asian art and culture. Home to more than 17,000 works of art from over 40 Asian countries, we strive to be a catalyst for discovery, dialogue, and inspiration. With Asia as our lens and art as our cornerstone, we spark connections across cultures and through time, igniting curiosity, conversation, and creativity.*
The Asian Art Museum embraces diversity in its mission, programs, and staff.
Please do not call or e-mail the Facility Rentals Department about this position.
Apply online at www.asianart.org or http://bitly.com/YdbDQ4.
You can also send a letter of interest and resume ASAP to:
Asian Art Museum
200 Larkin Street
San Francisco, CA 94102