Posted on April 13, 2012
Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research
Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research - Executive Director
The Executive Director will have the responsibility for overall management of the organization, including the implementation of the Foundation’s strategic plan and will manage staff and resources, oversee preparation and implementation of the annual budgets, actively engage in fundraising efforts, cultivate strategic partnerships and be the public face of the organization. Specific responsibilities and duties include:
- Providing visionary leadership to the organization in the areas of finance, development and research.
- Translating the vision of the organization into achievable and measureable goals.
- Engaging, motivating and growing the support base of donors and those affected by Sarcoidosis directly or indirectly.
- Developing strategic partnerships with industry leaders, research institutions, and healthcare institutions, corporations and other mutually beneficial alliances.
Fundraising and Finance
- Working closely with the Development Director to broaden the organization’s revenue stream and strengthen its financial position through individual major gifts, foundation and corporate funder solicitations, government grants, special events and strategic partnerships.
- Attending fundraising and cultivation events.
- Developing the annual budget and monitoring expenditure and variance vs. budget.
- Working closely with the Executive Committee and Board of Directors in overseeing the governance of the Foundation and the execution of the strategic plan.
- Updating and reporting to the Board of Directors monthly.
- Through cultivation activities, identifying and nominating prospective members to the Board of Directors.
- Working with the President of the Board to ensure that all Board members are donors and each has an annual plan of engagement.
Community and Public Relations
- Serving as an articulate and passionate spokesperson for the Foundation and an advocate for Sarcoidosis research among government leaders, within the research community, and among physicians.
- Building and cultivating relationships with international Sarcoidosis researchers and institutions.
- Leading, supervising, and supporting all staff and interns.
- Developing a protocol for the engagement of volunteers.
- Developing and overseeing implementation of programming that is in alignment with the organization’s vision, mission and values.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized, motivated strategic thinker with a minimum of eight to ten years professional experience in the nonprofit arena and prior experience executing strategic planning processes. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint, as well as Raiser’s Edge and QuickBooks is required. A proven track record of raising major gifts from individuals is a must. Strong grant writing skills and exceptional management experience are critical as is the ability to effectively interact with both the Board of Directors and the Scientific Advisory Board. A background in medical research is strongly preferred. The qualified candidate will have the skills to grow the Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research and will have the entrepreneurial energy to oversee an evolving national organization.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to Bianca@stopsarcoidosis.org
For more information about the opportunity, please go to www.stopsarcoidosis.org.